THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;7/23/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31186, p38
Presents updates on key legislative bills in the United States, as of July 23, 2001. Restoring Earnings to Lift Individuals & Empower Families Act; Tax Relief Reconciliation Act; Affordable Education Act; High-Speed Rail Investment Act.
- Legislation. // Exceptional Children;Jan1958, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p221
The article reports on various educational law and legislation in the U.S. Representative Cecil King of California and Representative Thomas A. Jenkins of Ohio supplied a bill backed by HR 4662 and a companion bill in HR 5477, respectively, on tax equity for teachers. The interagency committee...
- Fiscal Cliff Deal Includes NACUBO Priorities. Clark, Liz // Business Officer;Feb2013, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p13
The article discusses the inclusion of the National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO) in the priorities fiscal cliff compromise bill American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 passed by the U.S. Congress. It notes that the bill extends numerous tax provisions among...
- NCC Update. // Perspectives;Feb2002, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p16
Reports developments related to education in the United States as of February 2002. Legislation of the 'No Child Left Behind' bill; Passage of the Brown v. Board of Education; Approval by the House of Representatives to establish the Ronald Reagan Boyhood National Historic Site.
- Status of federal legislation. // Education Week;6/05/96, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p24
Presents an update on the status of key education-related legislative bills as of May 31, 1996. Includes the Budget Resolutions Fiscal 1997; Education Appropriations Fiscal 1997; Health Care; Immigration; Special Education.
- Bush, Democrats Compromise as ESEA Bills Take Shape. Robelen, Erik W. // Education Week;05/16/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p27
Reports on the compromise made by United States President George W. Bush's administration and Democratic Party legislators in finalizing the bills of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act. Amendments sought by the Republicans; Budget controversy created by the act.
- Education Bill is Early Priority for New President. O'Brien, Nancy // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Mar2001, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p47
Reports on the legislation approved by United States President George W. Bush for elementary and secondary education. Educational Excellence for All Learners Act of 2001; Academic Achievement for All Act; Excellence and Accountability in Education Act; Public Education Reinvestment, Reinvention...
- Bill introduced for better schools. // Architectural Record;Apr2001, Vol. 189 Issue 4, p42
Cites the key provisions of America's Better Classroom Act of 2001, a bill for new school construction and renovation.
- ESEA tops busy education agenda. Long, Richard // Reading Today;Apr/May2000, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p26
Presents an update on several proposed bills governing education in the United States. Rewriting of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act; Provision included in the Senate's bankruptcy bill; Consequence of the Even Start proposal.