For Online Trading Growth, Firms Must Spend, Build Systems
- Electronic trading invades the fixed income marts. Weisul, Kimberly // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/01/97, Vol. 63 Issue 48, p10
Looks into the impact of electronic trading to the fixed income market as discussed during The Bond Market Association's annual technology conference.
- TBMA to Hold Last Meeting Before Planned Merger With SIA on May 19. Johnson, Anastasua // Bond Buyer;4/13/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32360, p7
The article offers information on the annual meeting of the Bond Market Association, which will be held in New York City on May 19, 2006.
- Bond Market Association leaders meet with Midwest member firms. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;03/11/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30596, p31
Focuses on the meetings held by the Bond Market Association with its member firms in the midwestern region in the United States. Aim of the meetings to update members on legislative events affecting the bond market; Number of firms participating in the meetings.
- Participants see the market playing a good game of catch-up. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;04/08/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30368, p38
Focuses on efforts by the municipal bond market to cope with the rest of the securities industry in the deployment of information technology (IT). Equity and taxable-debt markets' development of sophisticated electronic trading systems; Complex nature of the municipal bond industry; Internet's...
- Buy-Side Execs Want More E-Bond Access. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;12/8/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p1
Reports on a call from buy-side executives for sell-side dealers in the U.S. to offer fee-based electronic trading of bonds in which institutions would have transparent or direct access to other buy-side firms. Reason for the need to create a fee-based system of bond trading; Concerns of dealer...
- Walker Speaks to Dealers. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/26/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31004, p1
Highlights the Bond Market Association's 2000 Legal and Compliance Conference. Speech of Richard Walker on securities fraud laws in the United States; Plan of commissioner Laura Unger to release a seven-page survey to investors.
- MSRB, TBMA Reschedule Compliance Seminar. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/26/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31231, p7
Reports the rescheduled compliance seminar of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board and the Bond Market Association in New York City New York.
- Consolidation the Theme of BMA Conference, Study. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;12/17/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 49, p4
Highlights the theme of Bond Market Association (BMA) conference on electronic bonding to describe market's consolidation in the United States. Concentration on the future of fixed-income electronic commerce; Effects of the overcapacity and consolidation to fixed-income; Utilization of...
- Trace Group to Discuss Fees, Liquidity Impact. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;1/14/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p15
Announces the meeting of the Bond Trade Reporting Committee in the United States. Purpose of the meeting; Topics to be deliberated on by the committee; Formation of a task force by the Bond Market Association to develop a database on fixed-income securities information.