Slow Out of the Blocks
- $43.3 billion for DOT. Barnes, David // Traffic World;02/09/98, Vol. 253 Issue 6, p12
Reports that under a proposal made by American President Bill Clinton, the Department of Transportation (DOT) will receive a $43.3 billion budget, which is part of an overall $1.73 trillion budget to fund the government of the fiscal year beginning October 01, 1998. Decrease in the Federal...
- DOT to Announce $600M Of Transportation Grants. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;10/20/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33402, p1
The article reports on the plan of the Department of Transportation to announce 600 million dollars worth of grants that will finance transit, rails bridges and other local surface projects in 21 states in the U.S.
- Aopa Applauds $79b Department Of Transportation Budget. The National Journal. // AirGuide Business;2/22/2010, p1
The article reports that the 79 billion dollar Department of Transportation budget is applauded by Aopa in the U.S.
- Highway bill rolled out in budget. Richesson, Brian // Pit & Quarry;Mar2011, Vol. 103 Issue 9, p6
The article focuses on the 129-billion-dollar budget of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) for fiscal year 2012 that would contribute to the economic growth and competitiveness of the country through the construction of highways and bridges, and job creation according to Transportation...
- The bucks stop here. Asker, James R. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/8/1996, Vol. 145 Issue 2, p19
Reports that the House of Representatives has voted $36.8 billion for the fiscal 1997 Transportation Department budget.
- Ray LaHood's No-Win Tax Battle. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);8/2/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 31, p6
The article reports that U.S. secretary of transportation, Ray Lahood was challenged by Florida Representative John Mica and Oregon Representative Peter DeFazio at a committee hearing on the stimulus spending of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) in August 2010 due to his comments on...
- Lack of Long-Term Funds Stymies Local DOTs. Buckley, Bruce // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/8/2010, Vol. 265 Issue 13, p29
The article deals with the financial problems being faced by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) due to the economic problems of the U.S. It notes that the federal government's doling out of money through Highway Trust Fund extensions, making it difficult for the DOT to plan for the...
- House sets transportation funding. // Pit & Quarry;Aug96, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the approval of the 1997 spending bill for the Department of Transportation by the House Transportation Appropriations Committee. Budget value.
- McConnell tries to tamp a GOP revolt. Bolton, Alexander // Hill;7/24/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 91, p1
The article reports on the efforts of Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell to tamp Republicans vote to advance a motion to begin debate on a bill funding the departments of Transportation and Housing and Urban Development in the U.S.