N.J.'s DiFrancesco Won't Run for Governor
- Gubernational Politics, Round 1. // Business News New Jersey;03/14/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p24
Editorial. Comments on the plan of Senate President Donald DiFrancesco and Assembly Speaker Jack Collins to run for governor in New Jersey. Role of the politicians in a New Jersey Supreme Court order for a school construction program; Speculation on the ability of the political candidates to...
- A Quick Quiz for All Candidates. // Business News New Jersey;11/07/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 45, p26
No abstract available.
- DiFrancesco Quits the Race. // Business News New Jersey;05/01/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p16
Editorial. Focuses on the candidacy of Donald DiFrancesco for governor of New Jersey. Withdrawal of DiFrancesco.
- Franks Steps up for Another Run. Mulroy, Gene J. // Business News New Jersey;05/01/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p16
Reports on the withdrawal of acting governor Donald DiFrancesco for the gubernatorial race in New Jersey. Reasons for the withdrawal.
- Lawyer, Legislator, Leader, Governor? Weissman, Dan // Business News New Jersey;03/27/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p12
Features New Jersey governor Donald DiFrancesco. Change in relationship between the governor's office and the business community after DiFrancesco took over from Christine Whitman as governor; DiFrancesco's achievements as a Republican senator; His views on business; Investigations into his...
- Whitman's Confirmation Sails Ahead. Mulroy, Gene J. // Business News New Jersey;01/23/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p14
Reports on developments in New Jersey politics as of January 23, 2001. Confirmation of the candidacy of New Jersey Governor Christie Whitman to the position of administrator of the United States Environmental Protection Agency; Staff roster of incoming governor Donald DiFrancesco; Legislation...
- The Statehouse Has a New King. Mulroy, Gene J. // Business News New Jersey;01/09/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p20
Discusses the changes in the legislative and executive branches in New Jersey in the early part of 2001. Resignation of Governor Christine Todd Whitman; Appointment of Senate President Donald DiFrancesco as acting governor; Bills introduced at the state Legislature.
- Now for the next campaign. // Business News New Jersey;11/13/96, Vol. 9 Issue 23, p20
Editorial. Focuses on political issues related to the 1996 gubernatorial campaign in New Jersey. Availability of campaign funds; Influence of the Democratic Party; Campaign for state Senate and Assembly seats.
- Counting on: It's deja vu all over again. Fitzgerald, Mark // Editor & Publisher;12/11/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 50, p23
Focuses on the author's experience with the recount at the 1981 New Jersey gubernatorial elections. Battle between Thomas Kean and Jim Floria; Media coverage of the election.