Back-to-Back Sales on Tap for Texas University Systems
- College Aid Boost. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;3/22/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31846, p31
Reports that the New Jersey Assembly has passed a measure increasing the amount of debt that can be issued for county college capital projects qualifying for state debt service aid. Amount of bonds and notes that can be sold for county colleges; Approval in 1997 of the New Jersey Educational...
- California State University seeks creative financing for campus communications. Long, Cynthia D. // Academe;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p7
Focuses on the California Educational Technology Initiative (CETI), a proposal to modernize the communications network of public universities. Why the implementation of the proposal had been delayed; Detailed information on the proposal; How the proposal works; Benefits of the proposal to...
- A financial analysis framework for examining the teaching,research and administrative costs of ... Smith, Stanley D. // Arkansas Business & Economic Review;Fall93, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p1
Presents a framework for financial analysis that can be applied to the use of funds provided to public universities by state taxpayers and their students. Universities not following the prescribed funding by the Arkansas Department of Higher Education (ADHE); Examination of financial factors in...
- Speak now: The accused student's right to remain silent in public university disciplinary... Rosenthal, Paul E. // Columbia Law Review;May97, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p1241
Focuses on the accused students right to remain silent in public university disciplinary proceedings. Discussion on the potential for two track prosecutions, both within the college and through the courts; Speculation on the implications for relying exclusively on the self incrimination clause;...
- Once and Future Partners: The State and Its University. Lyall, Katharine C. // Innovative Higher Education;Fall97, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p5
Public universities, their states and the citizenry have a long established social contract of partnership in American higher education, and this relationship has been enormously productive. However, it is now in the process of being ï¿½reinventedï¿½ within a climate of changing attitudes...
- Community colleges need room to grow. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/5/2003, Issue 323174, p22
Discusses the need for additional school facilities to meet a growing student population in California. Increase of enrollment in public colleges and universities; Efforts of schools to diversify collge offerings; Provision of post secondary educational opportunities.
- Ky. To Weigh Need for New State University. Alford, Roger // Community College Week;01/23/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p20
The article focuses on a review to be conducted on the proposal to create a new public university in Kentucky which is believed to provide educational and economic stimulus in the region.
- Loving V. Boren. Kaniel, Natalie A. // Berkeley Technology Law Journal;1999, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p371
Addresses the constitutionality of a public university's restrictions on Internet access and use in Loving v. Boren. Evolution of public forum doctrine and the difficulties of media application; Application of the public forum doctrine; Policy considerations; Reliance of university on...
- Tuition Hikes Proposed for Hawaii Colleges. KELLEHER, JENNIFER SINCO // Community College Week;9/19/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p8
The article reports that several public colleges in Hawaii are proposing to increase their tuition fees until 2016.