- Good for Taxpayers. Schlomach, Byron // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);11/1/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p23
The author offers insights on the budget and spending reforms proposed by Texas Governor Rick Perry. He speculates that the proposals are a form of election-year gimmick. He points out that Texas state and local governments impose a 9.4% tax on the personal income of Texans at present and...
- Florida City Readies $59 Million Water and Sewer Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31423, p4
Reports the marketing of water and sewer revenue bonds by the state government in Clearwater, Florida. Finance for sewer replacement scheme; Construction of a water reclamation sector; Assessment of the average debt ratio.
- N.Y.C. Tobacco Deal Looks Good Despite Lingering Court Question. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;7/22/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31432, p1
Reports the marketing of tobacco bonds by the government in New York City. Increase of demand for tobacco bonds; Generation of increasing yields; Improvement of the trading activity in the secondary market.
- Some Positive Signs Surface in Ohio as State Readies GO Sale. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31490, p40
Reports the sale of general obligation bonds by state government in Ohio. Amount of the bonds; Proceeds of the sale; Credit ratings of the bond issuance.
- N.J Eyes $450M GO Refunding. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;10/16/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31492, p1
Reports the issuance of general obligation refunding bonds by the state government in New Jersey. Schedule on the retail pricing of the bonds; Amount of the bonds; Proceeds of the sale.
- Visible Supply by State. // Bond Buyer;2/17/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31822, p37
Presents a chart depicting the bond issues of the state governments in the U.S. as of February 2004.
- MASSACHUSETTS. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;2/22/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33269, p9
The article offers news briefs related to bonds in the U.S. including the plan of the Massachusetts Port Authority to issue 10 million dollars of private activity bonds, the appointment of Senator Bill Baroni as deputy executive director of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, and the...
- Penny-wise Award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);08/18/97, Vol. 44 Issue 33, p1
Commends legislators in Suffolk County, New York for passing a resolution urging the Suffolk Community College Board of Trustees to roll back a proposed tuition increase or face financial penalties.
- Student fees on the rise to help defray costs. Portner, Jessica // Education Week;10/25/95, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p5
Reports on the increase in student fees for a variety of school services that formerly came free. 1975 ruling of Illinois Supreme Court that charging fees for supplementary supplies and services does not infringe on a student's right to a free public education; Comment of parents; Trend in...