Law Firms Sidley & Austin and Brown & Wood Agree on Merger
- Sidley Austin Brown & Wood: A changed competitive landscape? // Asset Securitization Report;4/30/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p2
The merger of the law firms of Brown & Wood LLC and Sidley & Austin, Sidley Austin Brown & Wood, will reap the benefits of having a large No.1-ranked ABS and RMBS clients, Brown & Wood, joined with a No. 1 CMBS firm, Sidley & Austin for the week ending April 28, 2001. Moreover, the firms are...
- Sidley & Austin, Brown & Wood Talk Merger. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;02/23/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31083, p3
Reports the merger of Chicago, Illinois-based Sidley and Austin law firm with New York, New York-based Brown and Wood.
- Merger Builds No.1 Law Firm. AT // Private Placement Letter;4/30/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p5
Focuses on Sidley Austin Brown & Wood, the merged law firm of Brown & Wood and Sidley & Austin. Benefits of the merger deal; Profit and securitization rankings of both firm; Business plans of the merged firm.
- FINANCE. Pawsey, Vanessa // Lawyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 50, p25
Presents news on some law firms as of December 17, 2001. Big finance deals in 2001 in which Linklaters was involved; Departure of Erica Handling's collateral debt obligation practice; Impact of the Brown & Wood merger with Sidley & Austin; Award received by the in-house legal service at...
- Mortgage meltdown snares Sidley. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/29/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 44, p3
The article reports that Sidley Austin LLP from Chicago, Illinois, has become a major presence in the U.S. security industry after its 2001 merger with Brown & Wood LLP. The merger ignited a near-doubling of the firm's revenues. It has also significantly boosted Sidley's profile in the...
- Chicago Law Firm Hires Four Attorneys. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;09/12/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30973, p7
Reports that Chicago, Illinois-based law firm Sidley & Austin has hired four attorneys from Katten Muchin & Zavis. Kenneth Wylie; Robert Aicher; Michael Goldman; Perry Shwachman.
- Sidley & Austin Expands Its Practices. Lewis, Jakema // Private Placement Letter;09/11/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p2
Reports on the addition of four partners to the law firm Sidley & Austin to oversee its insurance and financial services industry practice area in Chicago, Illinois. Statement issued by Roger Clemens, head of the insurance practice area; Information on the law firm.
- Sidley considers closing Frankfurt office. Burton, Lucy // Lawyer (Online Edition);2/25/2014, p6
The article reports that the U.S. based corporate law firm Sidley Austin has confirmed that the management is planning to close the Frankfurt, Germany office, as the company has lost many of its Frankfurt-based partners. The office which opened in 2006, now has only partner, capital markets...
- Lawrence Graham, Sidley bag TV programmes sale. Dry, Amy // Lawyer;1/15/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p16
The article reports that the law firms Lawrence Graham and Sidley Austin LLP have advised the independent media group Entertainment Rights PLC on the take over of the U.S.-based owner of classic television programs "Lassie" and "The Lone Ranger." The firms have advised Entertainment Rights which...