Senate Passes Brownfields Bill, But House Action Is Uncertain
- Stop superfund waste. Reilly, Bernard J. // Issues in Science & Technology;Spring93, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p57
Urges the Clinton administration to stop the Superfund toxic waste cleanup program due to the waste of resources it brings to the nation. Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act of 1980; Criticisms on Environmental Protection Agency's solutions; Economic...
- New coalition aims to enact Superfund liability reforms. Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;8/21/95, Vol. 29 Issue 34, p2
Reports on the proposal in the House of Congress that would repeal Superfund's retroactive liability for legal acts that took place before 1987. Formation of a coalition to promote reform; Invitation to interested associations and individual companies to participate; Repeal of retroactive...
- Superfund reform gradually moves ahead. // Chemical Market Reporter;03/16/98, Vol. 253 Issue 11, p4
Focuses on the legislation passed by the US House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee in March 1998 to rewrite the Superfund toxic waste cleanup program and reauthorize the underlying law through 2002. Terms of the proposed Superfund reform; Key provisions under negotiation by panel...
- Businesses seek broader Superfund reform bill. Hofmann, Mark A. // Crain's Cleveland Business;02/03/97, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the disappointment of some businesses with the proposed Superfund Cleanup Acceleration Act introduced by Senate Republicans. Call for easing corporate liability for Superfund cleanup costs; Liability relief offered by the bill to certain small businesses, municipalities and...
- Superfund liability system gets support of House panel. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;11/22/93, Vol. 97 Issue 47, p6
Reports on reforms needed in the current Superfund liability system according to a report approved by a House of Representatives panel. Report by House Public Works and Transportation Subcommittee on Investigations and Oversight; Recommendation on overall structure of liability system;...
- Alternative Superfund Bill proposed. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;4/18/94, Vol. 98 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the introduction of the new Superfund reform bill in the House and Senate in the United States. Elimination of retroactive liability; Creation of a broad-based fund; Development of the legislation.
- Good jobs are going to waste. Saltzman, A. // U.S. News & World Report;9/12/88, Vol. 105 Issue 10, p70
Reports on the business of analyzing, litigating, and cleaning up the nation's approximately 29,000 toxic waste sites. Superfund, and $8.5 billion federal program, is creating a demand for pollution professionals. High Salaries; Quick advancement opportunities; Demand. INSET: Where to study..
- Superfund reform in peril. // Chemical Week;9/28/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the ongoing debate on the Superfund reform in Congress. Superfund reform provision to be inserted by chemical industry lobbyists.
- Superfund financing action in limbo. // Occupational Hazards;Oct94, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p75
Reports on the status of the Superfund Reform Act in the United States legislature. Impending passage of the bill; Amendments introduced by different legislators.