HUD Secretary Makes Case for Proposed FY2002 Budget
- Cox Report: Increased Spending Drove Deficit. // Human Events;3/3/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p3
Presents graphs concerning the spending of the U.S. federal government in 2002.
- Support for science is firm as emergency raises budget. Davis, Matthew // Nature;9/27/2001, Vol. 413 Issue 6854, p336
Reports on United States lawmakers' agreement for a bipartisan funding package that would increase spending on most science programmes. Opportunity for the Congress to proceed with stalled funding bills for the 2002 fiscal year; Total spending for the National Institutes of Health and for the...
- Bush's budget comes under assault on Capitol Hill. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;3/28/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 13, p4
Reports the release of a set of seven budget principles for the nation by the Congressional Black Caucus. Basis of the budget principles; Terms and specifications of the budget; Criticism of the organization on the budget resolution pushed by the Bush administration.
- House Panel Gives Nod to HUD, SRF Spending Package. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/19/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31184, p5
Reports the approval of the spending package bill in fiscal 2002 by the House Appropriations Committee in the United States. Budget allocated for the clean water state revolving loan fund; Inclusions of the budget allocations; Trouble encountered on the appropriation bill.
- LAWMAKERS HIKE 2002 FUNDING FOR DOE CLEANUP, TRANSIT. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/23/2001, Vol. 247 Issue 4, p11
Reports the Senate appropriations for the fiscal 2002 spending bills in the United States. Recommendation of the Senate to acquire more budget for key transportation programs; Increase of funds for major repairs of the General Services Administration; Approval of the environmental cleanup...
- CONTRACEPTIVE COVERAGE. Lunney, Kellie // Government Executive;Jun2001, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p12
Reports the 2002 budget proposal of the government to end a requirement on birth control coverage of health insurance in the United States. Terms in the budget proposal; Provisions of the 1998 Treasury-Postal appropriations bill significant to birth control issues; Impact of contraceptive...
- Statement of Signing the Foreign Operations, Export Financing, and Related Programs Appropriations Act. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;01/14/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p49
Presents the text of a speech given by United States President George W. Bush which deals with the signing of the Foreign Operations, Export Financing and Related Programs Appropriations Act on January 10, 2002.
- Statement on Signing the Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2002. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;01/14/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p50
Presents the text of a speech given by United States (U.S.) President George W. Bush which deals with the signing of the U.S. Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education and Related Agencies Appropriations Act on January 10, 2002.
- FY 2001 R&D funding outcome unclear as budget surplus disappears. // Issues in Science & Technology;Fall2001, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p32
Discusses the impact of the decline in non-Social Security budget surplus in 2001 on the 2002 federal funding for research and development (R&D) in the United States. Details on the proposed 2002 R&D budget appropriations made in the Congress; Proposal of United States President George W. Bush...