Arizona Board Plans 'Historic' $500 Million Deal for Schools
- Judge Voids Arizona Tax Initiative. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;08/11/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30952, p1
Reports on the decision of a Maricopa County Superior Court on a sales tax initiative in Arizona. Funding of about 900 million of bonds for school improvements; Provision of health care for the poor.
- Iowa Schools Meet Resistance To Sales Tax-Backed Borrowing. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/14/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30912, p1
Reports on the resistance to sales-tax backed school bonds in Polk County, Iowa. Spending of proceeds on a pay-as-you-go basis; Several counties in the state's approval of the sales tax.
- Cherokee County, Ga., OKs $150 Million School Bond and Sales Tax. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/20/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31227, p38
Reports the approval of a school bond referendum and a renewal of one-cent sales tax by voters in Cherokee County, Georgia. Comments of Candler Howell, finance director of Cherokee County School District to the tax approval process; Support of the officials to the approval of the bonds and...
- N.J. survey: High property taxes at fault for failed school bonds. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;02/22/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30583, p7
Discloses the findings of a survey by the New Jersey School Boards Association on school bond approval in the state in 1998. Number of bond proposals that were approved in 1998 in New Jersey.
- Wichita could see referendum for first school issue since 1974. ALbanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/02/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30820, p32
Focuses on a proposal made by parents in Wichita, Kansas to allow the city's school board to send a multimillion-dollar bond issue to voters in April 4, 2000. Impetus for the proposal; Implications of the proposal's approval for the Wichita Public Schools.
- District eyes refinancing bonds. // East Bernard Express (TX);10/13/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 41, pA1
The article presents information on the plans of the East Bernard School Board to refinance school bonds.
- $59.3 million bond package recommended to board. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);12/11/2013, Vol. 114 Issue 37, p3B
The article focuses on the recommendation issued by the Growth Impact Committee to the Hays Consolidated Independent School District (CISD) Board of Trustees in December 2013 to approve a 59.3 million dollar bond package.
- Bond package reduced, election to come. HILSENBECK, KIM // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);2/26/2014, Vol. 117 Issue 48, p3B
The article reports that the Board of Trustees of the Hays Consolidated Independent School District (CISD) in Texas has voted on February 24, 2014 to call for a bond election to address the revisions of the bond package from $59,271,500 to $59,091,500.
- Schools tap businesses to oversee bond funds. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;11/30/98, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p1
Focuses on San Diego Unified School District board's appointment of an independent oversight committee to review how the bond funds will be spent. Plan to use the proceeds to repair schools; Agreement with a variety of local organizations.