Falling Road Costs Could Put Brakes On Texas Bills for Highway Bonds
- Government bonds continue rally on cash influx from refinancings. Fraust, Bart // American Banker;8/27/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 165, p24
Reports on the increase in value of government bonds on August 26, 1993. Refundings of municipal and corporate bonds and prepayments on mortgage-backed securities due to a drop in interest rates; Increased unemployment and the Brazilian government purchases of long-term Treasury notes as...
- Safe passage. Evans, Michael K. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Sep96, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p136
Focuses on inflation rate and its effect to the value of bonds in the United States. Most common measure of inflation; Overstating of inflation; Advantages and disadvantages of indexed bonds. INSET: Michael Evans's hot stocks: A monthly update..
- 30-year bond prices fall on inflation fears. Fraust, Bart // American Banker;9/17/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 179, p26
Reports on the drop in long-term government bond prices on September 16, 1993 due to inflation fears rekindled by rising commodity prices. Prices and yields of other maturities; Decrease in trade deficit; Increase in industrial production and claims for unemployment; Rise in price of precious...
- POLICY. // Political Commentary;May2008, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p6
The article discusses the new monetary policies of the National Bank of Ukraine. It cites on the changes of priorities made of their policies in 2008 which targets on limiting their supplies to stop inflation in the country and the strengthening of hyrvnia at UAH 4.85 against U.S. dollar. A...
- House Passes Highway Bill. // Motor Age;May2005, Vol. 124 Issue 5, p90
Reports on the passage of a highway bill by the U.S. House of Representatives in March 2005. Value of the bill; Renewal of the collection and distribution process of gasoline and diesel fuel taxes as stated in the bill.
- Our Overtaxed Motorcars. // Saturday Evening Post;3/23/1935, Vol. 207 Issue 38, p26
Focuses on the growing taxes on automobiles in the U.S. Importance of the taxes in financing the construction of highways and other infrastructure project; Views on the increase on gasoline taxes; Decision of major states to impose sales tax on automobile sales.
- Has the Treasury Benefited from Issuing TIPS? Christensen, Jens; Gillan, James // FRBSF Economic Letter;4/18/2011, Vol. 2011 Issue 12, p1
The article focuses on the issuance of Treasury inflation-protected securities (TIPS) of the U.S. Dept. of Treasury. It says that TIPS will provide bond investors protection from the effects of inflation. It notes that investors are demanding the Treasury to provide liquidity discount on TIPS....
- TIPS Liquidity, Breakeven Inflation, and Inflation Expectations. Christensen, Jens; Gillan, James // FRBSF Economic Letter;6/20/2011, Vol. 2011 Issue 19, p1
The article offers information on how liquidity premium of pricing of Treasury inflation-protected securities (TIPS) is used to accurately measure inflation expectations. It states that the breakeven inflation is the yield difference between nominal and real Treasury yields. It states that...
- chapter 3: Special Report. // South Africa Business Forecast Report;2007 4th Quarter, p21
Chapter 3 of the publication "The South Africa Business Forecast Report Q4 2007," is presented which focuses on the impact of global inflation on the economic condition of South Africa.