TAPPING PEER INPUT IN CYBER-SPACE: FOODSERVICE CHAT ON THE WEB
- In Disguise. // Know Your World Extra;9/6/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p14
Deals with the hidden dangers of Internet chat rooms.
- Chat rooms gain new respectability. Stone, Martha L. // Editor & Publisher;11/29/97 Supplement, Vol. 130 Issue 48, p24
Provides information on Web chat on the Internet. Examples of chat rooms offered by several companies; `Sense of community' represented by chat rooms; Results of the study conducted by Forrester Research on Web chats; Chat softwares available for installing chat on a site. INSETS: Chat...
- Bookmarked Chat Roulette. // Creative Review;Apr2010, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p53
The article offers information on the videochat Chat Roulette.
- Head hunting in cyberspace. Nakamura, Lisa // Women's Review of Books;Feb2001, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p10
Discusses about avatars, depictions of the self or online identities. How avatars are raced; Textual descriptions; Experiences with NetNoir's chat-space Club Connect.
- A BAGHDAD BLOGGER. Zalewski, Daniel // New Yorker;3/31/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p33
Details an American woman's correspondence with an Iraqi gay friend through the Internet. Views of the gay friend about the U.S.-led attack against Iraq; Personal topics the friends talk about.
- IRIS Phone. // Australian Personal Computer;Nov2000, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p104
Evaluates the IRIS Phone personal computer-to-personal computer Internet telephony service. Requirements for service access; Voice quality; Pros and cons.
- SPIRITS ON THE INTERNET. Lindgren, Carl E. // Journal of Religion & Psychical Research;Jul96, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p164
Discusses the use of the Internet in getting information on paranormal phenomena. Influence of the author's wife on his interest in the Internet; Discovery of the chat program Spiritual Web Chat; Narrative of the author's cyber-friends on their experiences concerning the Internet and spiritualism.
- `Kid safe' Internet experiences. // Curriculum Administrator;Apr98, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p26
Presents information on a software for monitored video chat site from White Pine Software Incorporated. Reason for creating the software; Features of the site; How the site will be monitored.
- Instant Messaging: On the Internet, Chat Isn't Idle Anymore. Goldsborough, Reid // Community College Week;03/19/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p17
Focuses on the popularity of instant messaging (IM), a form of online chat, in the United States. Projected growth of the business IM market; Uses of the technology.