FOR PURCHASING, INFO MGMT.: E-commerce tools open up new worlds for operators
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;06/19/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 25, p24
Reports on developments related to the utilization of electronic commerce in the food service sector in the United States for the week of June 19, 2000. Improvement of the web site of Food.com; Condition of the partnership of Myriad Restaurant Group with Foodline.com; Features of the web site...
- Web Sites: Targeting the Right Tech for the Right Chore. Weinstock, David // Nation's Restaurant News;11/7/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 45, Special Section p8
Reports on the prevalence of restaurants which use the Web sites to generate sales or awareness in the U.S. Creation of an online brochure; Advantages and benefits in using the Web sites; Features of the e-commerce site for restaurants.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;04/02/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p24
Presents news items related to electronic commerce activities of food service operators in the United States as of April 2, 2001. Launching of the web site of kitchen parts supplier, PartsDIRECT; Appointment of NingNing Yu as vice president of engineering at mobile enterprise application...
- Chuck E. Cheese's takes big byte of party market with Web booking. Liddle, Alan J. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/13/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 46, p4
Reports on the increase in the number of visitors to Chuck E. Cheese's Web site, accounting for a part of the pizza-and-games chain's party business and helping the company cut costs and enhance service. Features and functions of the self-service Internet site; Inclusion of the Web-based...
- FS/TEC panel: E-commerce improves efficiency. DeLuca, Michael // Nation's Restaurant News;11/27/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 48, p29
Reports on the opportunities provided by electronic commerce to the food service industry in the United States. Improvement of efficiencies, options and revenues; Concerns over Internet security and reliability.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/07/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 19, p26
Reports on developments related to the electronic commerce ventures of food service companies in the United States as of May 7, 2001. Advantage of the merger of eSkye Solutions with BevAccess; Appointment of David A. Dresner as president and chief executive officer at Internet procurement...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/09/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 41, p22
Presents news items related to the electronic transactions of food service operators in the United States as of October 9, 2000. Agreement of United States restaurant associations to endorse Instill Corp.'s Foodscape.com; Auction of the assets of eSeated.com.
- E-marketplaces pursue strategy of evolution. Waters, C. Dickinson // Nation's Restaurant News;7/9/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 28, p51
Focuses on the evolution of electronic commerce in the food service industry in California. Strategies of Provision X, an online meat and poultry exchange, to adapt established industry practices; Merger between eFS Network and Maverick Xchange; Operations of Amphire Solutions as transaction...
- LOOKING UP: THE VALUE OF 'VALUE'. Pond, James // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p28
Discusses the value of food service in the U.S. Most popular technique of increasing revenues in foodservice operations; Role of electronic business in the industry; Foodservice operators who understand their customers.