CULINART'S EDWARD LEONARD: Chef parlays passion into top-level foodsvc. for clients
- Ex-executive finds food comes first. Khasru, B.Z. // Fairfield County Business Journal;09/07/98, Vol. 37 Issue 36, p17
Profiles former sales executive Edward G. Leonard, owner of Food 1st Restaurant Corp. in Norwalk, Connecticut. Career history of Leonard; Background to his establishment of the restaurant; Personal background of Leonard; Details of the restaurant's growth.
- Who's who at Food 1st. // FoodService Director;07/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p28
Provides information on the different between Food 1st LLC and Food 1st Restaurant Corporation. Names of the heads of both companies.
- ACF's Leonard kicks off first session at new Kraft Centre. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/21/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p86
Reports that American Culinary Federation president Edward Leonard demonstrated "Elements of Flavors and Cooking for Healthy Eating" at the first culinary session for chefs and students at the Kraft Culinary Centre at Kendall College in Chicago, Illinois. His comments about the diet industry;...
- Team USA regroups, gears up for gold at Culinary Olympics. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;05/31/99, Vol. 33 Issue 22, p4
Focuses on the American Culinary Federation's regrouping of its culinary team to the Culinary Olympics in 2000. Appointment of Edward Leonard as team manager of the Culinary Team USA 2000; Selection of Alphonse Contrisciani as team captain.
- CulinArt swallows Food First. Corry, Carl // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);07/21/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 29, p1A
Reports that CulinArt, a provider of contract dining services, has acquired competitor Food First Restaurant Corp. Addition of 15 accounts to three existing contracts; Number of additional employees; Annual revenue base; Areas of operations.
- VOLUME NOW $50 MIL.-PLUS: CulinArt takes Food 1st. // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p6
Announces the acquisition of Food 1st Restaurant Corp. by CulinArt. Potential benefits of the deal to CulinArt; Accomplishments of Ed Leonard, president and chief executive officer of Food 1st; Role of Leonard in the merged company.
- Culinary Olympians turn cooking into a team sport. Keegan, Peter O. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/3/94, Vol. 28 Issue 39, p11
Focuses on the reunion of Brad Barnes, Thomas Gumpel and Edward Leonard, chefs who met during trials for the United States team of the 1991 World Culinary Olympics, in the Greenwich, Connecticut-based 64 Greenwich Avenue restaurant. Experiences in the restaurant business; Menu offerings;...
- Hospital habla Espanol. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;7/5/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 27, p3
Reports on conversational and medical Spanish instruction provided by White Plains Hospital Center in Westchester, New York to its employees. Percentage of the hospital's patients who are fluent in Spanish; Awards won by the hospital; Comments of hospital executive Edward F. Leonard.
- From quill to computer, nuns, monks continue a tradition. Vidulich, Dorothy // National Catholic Reporter;3/17/95, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p5
Focuses on the use of computer technology in monastic settings. Edward Leonard's founding of the Electronic Scriptorium that contracts with communities of monks and nuns for computer work; Leonard's clients.