MANY VERSIONS AND FAVORITES: VITAMIN-RICH RICE
- BEYOND 'USUAL' RICE. // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p62
Reports on the efforts to incorporate rice in the menus served at school and company cafeterias in the U.S. Information on the technique used by the cafeteria of Credit Suisse First Boston in New York to educate customers about rice; Contest sponsored by the USA Rice Federation to encourage...
- Chicken & Rice. Lydecker, Toni // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p112
Focuses on combination chicken and rice recipes suitable for food service businesses in the United States. Ingredients for soup-based chicken and rice menus; Side-dishes with ethnic ingredients; Examples of the dishes served to food service customers. INSET: Well-travelled classics.
- Gom Ba Woo. // Washingtonian Magazine;Jan2007, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p116
The article provides information on Gom Ba Woo restaurant in Annandale, New Jersey. The atmosphere of the restaurant is described. Korean cooking at the restaurant is homey, uncompromising and satisfying. It offers the Sul Leung Tang, a shin-bone and shin-cartilage stew brimming wth green...
- KUALA LUMPUR: STREET FOOD HEAVEN. Martin, Brett // Bon Appetit;May2008, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p202
The article looks at the street-food scene at the Golden Triangle in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The area's Jalan Alor street is lined with arrays of stalls that sell foods such as rice noodles stir-fried with egg, bean sprouts and shrimp; chunks of tropical fruit; shaved ice topped with sweet...
- Rice. Patronite, Rob; Raisfeld, Robin // New York;4/18/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p64
Features the new Rice restaurant in New York City. Use of exotic spices and grains by Rice from its partner Kalustyan's Cafe; Distinctiveness of Indian flavor in the rices served at the restaurant; Snacks that the restaurant offers.
- Street Snacks. // Washingtonian Magazine;Nov2009, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p131
The article presents information on several food carts that offer a variety of street snacks in the U.S. Food carts include the Ali Baba Falafel that offers Egyptian-style falafel, the Fojol Bros. of Merlindia that offers basmati rice, and the Windy City Red Hots that offers Vienna Beef dog....
- WHAT'S FOR LUNCH? Honeyman, Kay // Appleseeds;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p26
The article presents information on lunch which students receive in various parts of world. American students pour into school cafeterias and pile their trays with chicken nuggets, potatoes, green beans, and a box of milk. Students in France have a whole hour for lunch. In Norway, schools do not...
- RECIPES. // FoodService Director;6/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p60
The article presents several recipes from selected U.S. food service providers including Fettuccine Fantastica, Quinoa Stuffed Peppers, and Chard and Spring Pea Risotto.
- Rice life after long-grain. Batham, Matthew // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/5/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4276, p51
Deals with the emerging use of a rice and rice-based dishes in the food service industry. Comments from Trish Smith, marketing manager for Masterfoods; Strategies of rice suppliers in pushing rice to the wholesale sector; Factors contributing to the rice trend; Cost benefit of basmati grains to...