CITRUS UPDATE: Orange production recovers from cold
- REVISING UPWARD MONTHLY: Orange utilization forecast down 5%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p68
Discusses the U.S. all-orange forecast for 2000 to 2001 crop. Florida forecast on orange utilization; Forecast of all oranges in Texas; Rate of decline in Arizona's all-orange forecast.
- California Navel orange forecast is 94 million cartons. // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;9/12/2012, p5
The article reports that the initial California Navel orange forecast for 2012-2013 is 93.0 million cartons, according to estimates from the "California Navel Orange Objective Measurement Report" released by the California Agricultural Statistics Service on September 12, 2012.
- D-limonene, orange oil soften as record production is coming. Florenco, Anthony // Chemical Market Reporter;06/09/97, Vol. 251 Issue 23, p18
Forecasts record orange crops in Florida and Brazil in 1997 and 1998. Increase of orange juice production and delivery to the fresh market.
- U.S. orange crop on the rebound. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;12/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p70
Presents a forecast on orange crop in the United States for 1999-2000. Florida forecast; Navel forecast; Valencia and California forecast.
- Florida's orange crop estimated at 108 million boxes. // Southeast Farm Press Exclusive Insight;10/13/2014, p2
The article presents the U.S. Department of Agriculture's forecast on the yields of Florida orange crop, Valencia oranges and Florida grapefruit crop for the 2014-2015 season.
- FRUIT GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT IN THREE CULTIVARS OF CITRUS: ORANGE, KINNOW AND FEUTRALL'S EARLY. FAROOQ; RAB, ABDUR; KHAN, NUSRULLAH; RAHMAN, HAFIZUR // FUUAST Journal of Biology;Dec2011, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p145
Sweet Orange (Citrus sinensis) and two varieties of Mandarin; Kinnow and Feutrall's early were studied for their fruit growth. For this purpose an experiment was conducted at National Agriculture Research centre (NARC), Islamabad during the year 2008. Gravity method was used to determine the...
- Identification of boron-deficiency-responsive microRNAs in Citrus sinensis roots by Illumina sequencing. Yi-Bin Lu; Lin-Tong Yang; Yi-Ping Qi; Yan Li; Zhong Li; Yan-Bin Chen; Zeng-Rong Huang; Li-Song Chen // BMC Plant Biology;2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Background Boron (B)-deficiency is a widespread problem in many crops, including Citrus. MicroRNAs (miRNAs) play important roles in nutrient deficiencies. However, little is known on B-deficiency- responsive miRNAs in plants. In this study, we first identified miRNAs and their expression pattern...
- Orange pruning inputs compared. Kallson, Craig // Western Farm Press;4/16/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p18
Reports on the controversy generated from a navel orange tree pruning in California. Details on the standard manual pruning for navel oranges; Effect of pruning on fruit yield and quality; Accounts on the average orange tree performance.
- Market ripe for latest orange crop. Harvey, Chuck // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/14/2003, Issue 323165, p1
Reports on the efforts to increase the production and market demand for the navel orange crop in Fresno, California. Promotion of the crop and help growers-shippers by the California Citrus Growers Association; Development of advertising programs; Information about harvesting and growing navel...