ONE COLLEGE, SCHOOLS NEXT? WHITSONS EYES NJ ACCOUNTS
- Offering a helping hand. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p34
Features the Whitsons, a family-owned food service management company based in Huntington Station, New York. Partnership with the Commission for the Blind and Visually Handicapped; Story of Angelo Cavallaro who participated in Whitsons' Business Enterprise Program.
- WHITSON CREATES SENIOR U. // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p30
Deals with the launching by Whitsons of the Senior University program, which comprises a series of nutrition and general information classes presented at senior center locations. Goal of the program; Comments from the commissary manager and the company executive director.
- SENIOR NUTRITION: Whitson launches classes. // FoodService Director;10/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p26
Announces the launch of the Senior University program of Whitsons. Estimated number of meals delivered by the company to congregate sites; Information on the program; Mission statement of the company.
- Balancing Act. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;10/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p70
The article deals with the desserts being offered by Whitsons Culinary group at the foodservice units of EstÃ©e Lauder, which include low-fat vanilla yogurt, mini cannoli cupcakes and granola.
- Whitsons to take part in training program for visually impaired. Battaglia, Andy // Nation's Restaurant News;08/10/98, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p74
Reports on on-site food service provider Whitsons' participation in the Business Enterprise Program (BEP) instituted by the Commission for the Blind and Visually Handicapped. Mechanics of the BEP; Details about Whitson's first BEP graduate; Benefits of the program for students and other company...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/16/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 37, p20
Reports developments related to restaurant industry in the U.S. as of September 2002. Selection of the Whitsons Inc. to manage the foodservice account at the University of Baltimore; Launch of the Gustav's Pub and Grill at Portland International Airport by HMSHost company; Introduction of the...
- B&I cafeteria prices show `gradual' rise vs. last year. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p8
Comments on the increase in prices of B&I foodservice operations in the United States in 1997 as compared to that of 1992. Information on a study which was conducted; Factors which attributed to the price increase; Details on products which have experienced the most increases.
- 1.2 million small employers start. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p28
States that commencing July 1, 1997 foodservice companies in the United States will be required to begin Federal payroll tax payments by means of electronic deposit to disregard the coupon deposit system which is used by the companies. Impact of the change on small companies; Penalties for the...
- Seeking to extend incentive. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p28
States that the foodservice industry lobbyists are requesting the United States Congress to expand the Federal Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Reasons for requests; Impact of the proposal made by the industry on unskilled workers; Changes which would be made to the program if the...