TO HELP BOOST PRICES: Potato growers cut plantings
- USDA predicts large 2010 cotton crop. Robinson, Elton // Western Farm Press;8/21/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p18
The article offers the forecast of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) to cotton crops in the country's states. It mentions that the increased acreage in California will result in a larger crop regardless of its problems with yield potential. Texas could produce 10 million bales...
- Analysis of the Accuracy of USDA Crop Forecasts. Gunnelson, G.; Dobson, W. D.; Pamperin, S. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Nov72 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p639
Accuracy of USDA crop forecasts increased moderately over the 1929-1970 period. However, USDA's first forecasts of crop production tended to underestimate crop size and the size of year-to-year changes in production. USDA also undercompensates for errors in earlier forecasts when developing...
- Early corn harvest clouding Sept. 1 old-crop numbers. Larson, Debra Levey // Southwest Farm Press Exclusive Insight;9/20/2012, p1
The article focuses on the larger percentage of corn harvest in August 2012 as compared to old-crop stocks recorded on September 1, 2011. It cites 2012 as the most advanced harvest progress with projected yields from 70 to 91 bushels in states including Missouri, Kentucky and Tennessee. It also...
- South American Soy Crop Uncertainty Grows. Brock, Richard // Corn & Soybean Digest Exclusive Insight;2/5/2013, p3
The article discusses the growing uncertainty in South American soy crops due to erratic rains. Brazilian consultants, it says, have lowered crop forecasts including AgRural from 1 million metric tons (mmt) to 81.2 mmt. while the Celeres forecast is from 80.84 mmt to 80.1 mmt, both of which are...
- USDA: cotton acres climb, soybeans could set record. Robinson, Elton // Delta Farm Press;7/5/2013, Vol. 70 Issue 27, p17
The article discusses the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA's) 2013 cotton, corn, and soybean acreage estimates, the USDA's agricultural forecasts, and decreased rice plantings in 2013, as well as declines in overall agricultural acreage in states such as Arkansas, Louisiana, and Missouri.
- USDA forecasts smaller U.S. crops in 2006-07. Robinson, Elton // Southwest Farm Press;6/1/2006, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p7
The article reports on forecasting of crops production by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. According to the department, cotton production for 2006 to 2007 is forecast at 20.7 million bales which 13 percent below 2005 to 2006, based on a projected yield of 770 pounds per acre. Soybean...
- Cotton, rice, soybean yields climb higher. Robinson, Elton // Delta Farm Press;10/19/2012, Vol. 69 Issue 41, p1
The article discusses crop yield forecasting for 2012 from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), including crops such as cotton, corn, and soybeans.
- USDA forecasts smaller corn and rice crops. Robinson, Elton // Delta Farm Press;7/19/2013, Vol. 70 Issue 29, p1
The article discusses 2013 agricultural forecasts from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) regarding crop yields for corn, soybeans, rice, and wheat in the U.S., as well as information on import and export forecasts, farm produce consumption, and feed crops.
- U.S. corn crop continues to push toward record. Robinson, Elton // Delta Farm Press;11/15/2013, Vol. 70 Issue 45, p19
The article presents information on the United States Department of Agriculture's (USDA) November 2013 crop production report which forecasts record U.S. rice and corn yields, and also includes forecast details on rice, soybeans, and cotton production in the U.S.