AT RECENT SENATE HEARING: ADA advises lawmakers on obesity
- Mississippi's Cochran selected as ranking member of Senate Agriculture Committee. // Delta Farm Press Exclusive Insight;1/4/2013, p4
The article announces that Mississippi Senator Thad Cochran has been selected ranking member of the U.S. Senate Agriculture Committee.
- UPDATE: Senate mark-up of 2012 farm bill Thursday morning. Bennett, David // Delta Farm Press Exclusive Insight;4/26/2012, p7
The article offers information on the mark-up schedule of the U.S. Senate Agriculture Committee for a draft 2012 Farm Bill.
- Ag groups urge Congress to reform CRP. // High Plains Journal;8/8/2011, Vol. 129 Issue 32, p10-B
The article reports that 72 agribusiness, livestock, and meat organizations of the U.S. have submitted a letter to the U.S. House's Committee on Agriculture and the U.S. Senate's Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry for their removal from the Conservative Reserve Program without any...
- Senate Committee Begins Dairy Hearings. Van Wagner, Lisa // Dairy Foods;Mar2000, Vol. 101 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the testimony submitted by senators from dairy states, representatives of farm and consumer groups and dairy associations to the United States Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry on February 2000. Information on the senate hearing initiative; Reason for their...
- Congress to address child nutrition reauthorization in January. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management Exclusive Insight;12/17/2015, p2
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Senate Agriculture Committee to hold a business meeting in January 2016 to address legislation reauthorizing child nutrition programs.
- Conner is downplaying the 'V' word in the farm bill debate. Laws, Forrest // Western Farm Press;11/3/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p4
The article focuses on the reaction of Chuck Conner, staff director for the Senate Agriculture Committee, on the possible veto recommendation for the Committee's version of farm bill in the U.S. Conner discusses the budget planning for the farm bill proposal submitted by former Secretary for...
- Election 2000 Meant Few Changes for Dairy. Huffman, J. Mark // Dairy Foods;Dec2000, Vol. 101 Issue 12, p11
Focuses on the control of the United States Republicans in the Senate Agriculture Committee despite the havoc created by the 2000 elections in the presidential race. Republicans holding posts in the committee.
- Harkin: Payment limit fight may go to Senate floor. Laws, Forrest // Southwest Farm Press;10/4/2007, Vol. 34 Issue 19, p16
The article reports on the possible involvement of the U.S. Senate regarding the new payment limit language in the 2007 farm bill. Tom Harkin, Senate Agriculture Committee chairman, reportedly has talked with Charles Grassley, Iowa senator, that he will include Grassley's payment limitation...
- Ag Panel Now Land Of Lincoln. Hagstrom, Jerry // National Journal;10/3/2009, p19
An excerpt from the interview with Senator Blanche Lincoln of Arkansas about her appointment to head the Senate Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry Committee in the U.S. published in the Web site NationalJournal.com is presented.