DESIGNING TO SUPPORT OPTIONS: Foodsvc. figures largely in hospital support plans
- AT SCHOOL TEST SITES: Internet ordering streamlines lunch. // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p4
Reports that children in Hawaii can order their lunch using the Internet or a toll-free number through a system developed by the School-Link Network and SNAP Systems, Inc. How the system works; Its advantages; Launch of similar programs in other states.
- Feeding kids. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p34
Discusses the challenges faced by American food service firms operating in public schools. Changes in the attitudes of kids towards food; Ethnic, cultural and demographic diversity in schools; Students' participation in the design of foods.
- `Food-On-Run' Program: Calif. HS asks students to design daily menus. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p1
Provides information on the `Food on the Run' program which invited feedback from students about dining services at Gabrielino High School in San Gabriel, California. Provision of access to fresh salad; Taste-test of different cheese options.
- Bradford DSO gains fourth contract away from home. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/20/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4264, p18
Reports on the fourth school-meals contract awarded to the direct service organization (DSO) for Bradford's metropolitan district council outside its local authority area in England as of March 20, 2003. Operational status of DSO; Cross-border contracts for DSO; Reputation of DSO in the industry.
- USING OUTSIDE PROCESSORS: Anaheim Unified gains commodity advantage. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p36
Reports on how Anaheim Union High School District in California generated savings on its food service operations. How some of the foods are prepared; Annual amount received by Anaheim Union for commodity purchases; Details on food deliveries.
- Funding boost for Scots school meals. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/13/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4226, p8
Reports on an increase in funding given to school meal providers in Scotland.
- Child protection madness takes the biscuit. // Education (14637073);10/15/2010, Issue 407, p3
The article discusses St. Mary's Primary School in County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland where a catering supervisor was dismissed from her job after she gave a child a cookie and was accused of "child grooming" under the Child Protection Act.
- RESULT OF CHIEF PARTNERSHIP: Ethnic dishes join regular menus at St. Paul Schools. // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the addition of ethnic dishes in regular menus at Saint Paul, Minnesota public schools. Change in rice offering; Menu choices for supervisors; Information on the so-called comfort foods.
- On-site Briefs. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/23/98, Vol. 32 Issue 47, p72
Presents news briefs related to on-site foodservice as of November 23, 1998. Includes school nutrition programs honored with the Pyramid of Excellence Award by the United States Department of Agriculture; Host Marriott Corp.'s agreements with airports; British Airways PLC's launching of the...