'FUEL' PUMPS UP SALES: Express unit redirects traffic from NYC corporate cafeteria
- BASED AT MCGRAW-HILL: Flik unit gaining reputation at midtown Manhattan site. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p74
Features Flik International Corp., a food catering service at The McGraw-Hill Companies in Manhattan's Rockefeller Center in New York City. Foodservice amenities offered; Information on the Flik Fare catering; Standard menu served; Reputation of the company.
- Famous McGraw-Hill ad gets facelift. Garigliano, Jeff // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;01/01/97, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the updated version of the `man in the chair' print advertisement of McGraw-Hill Co., which has been around since the late 1960s. Consistency in the ad's emphatic, blunt copy; Reason for the updating of the ad.
- New division to handle Ed. management SW. // T H E Journal;Apr94, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p24
Reports that McGraw-Hill has established a new division to handle local area network-based K-12 school administrative management solutions. Student management system for district personnel; Automation software.
- Hire service stars. // Personnel Journal;Nov95 Supplement New Product, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p15
Focuses on the Customer Service Skills Inventory (CSSI) from McGraw Hill. What it is; What it does; Special features.
- McGraw-Hill venture. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;7/31/95, Vol. 11 Issue 31, p22
Informs about a venture fund formed by McGraw-Hill Cos. to invest in emerging information industry opportunities.
- McGraw-Hill cuts. // Crain's New York Business;12/16/96, Vol. 12 Issue 51, p26
Focuses on the plans of McGraw-Hill, to reduce 340 jobs at its higher-education publishing division, with its purchase of a Times Mirror Company unit in October 1996. Effects of the layoffs.
- What makes the information industry tick. Flanigan, James // Caribbean Business;11/11/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p53
Opinion. Argues that McGraw-Hill Inc. is a prime example of what the information industry is and how it works. Indicators of resilience and likely future of the newspaper and magazine industries; McGraw Hill's specialized information business; Standard & Poor's stock service for financial...
- McGraw-Hill message compelling. // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Aug97, Vol. 82 Issue 7, p46
Reports that textbooks and trade magazines are the stock-in-trade of McGraw-Hill Companies. Reference to the company telling viewers that it is a forward-thinking purveyor of information that intends to be a player in the 21st century; description of the 30-second spots created by...
- M-H cutting 175 distribution jobs. // Publishers Weekly;2/28/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 9, p12
Reports on McGraw-Hill's (M-H) centralization of its domestic book distribution operations as a result of its purchase of the 50 percent stake in the Macmillan/McGraw-Hill School Publishing Co. Data on M-H's workforce reduction.