DIFFERENT FROM OTHER N/C SEGMENTS: MARINE CORPS MESSHALLS DEMAND SPECIAL TREATMENT FROM CONTRACTOR
- HILL AWARD WINNER--MCRD SAN DIEGO: Marine Corps messhall stresses daily commitment to quality. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p44
Features the Messhall 620 building of the United States Marine Corps Recruiting Department/Western Recruiting Region in San Diego, California, winner of the 2001 Hill Memorial Awards Program for Food Service Excellence. Description of the food service operation; Effect of the competition on...
- SEEKING ADVANCE FOOD PRODUCTION: MARINE CORPS TAPS SODEXHO FOR MESSHALL MANAGEMENT. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the food service management contracts awarded to Sodexho Marriott Services Inc. by HQ Marine Corps covering messhalls on Marine Corps installations in the United States. Goals in awarding the contracts; Value of the contracts.
- AND CONSOLIDATE CONTRACTS: MARINES TO OUTSOURCE. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p5
Reports that the United States Marine Corps is consolidating several food service contracts that cover garrison feeding at its bases and stations and replace traditional cook-serve production with centralized cook-chill systems. Number of its bases and stations; Purpose of the consolidation.
- B&I cafeteria prices show `gradual' rise vs. last year. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p8
Comments on the increase in prices of B&I foodservice operations in the United States in 1997 as compared to that of 1992. Information on a study which was conducted; Factors which attributed to the price increase; Details on products which have experienced the most increases.
- 1.2 million small employers start. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p28
States that commencing July 1, 1997 foodservice companies in the United States will be required to begin Federal payroll tax payments by means of electronic deposit to disregard the coupon deposit system which is used by the companies. Impact of the change on small companies; Penalties for the...
- Seeking to extend incentive. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p28
States that the foodservice industry lobbyists are requesting the United States Congress to expand the Federal Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Reasons for requests; Impact of the proposal made by the industry on unskilled workers; Changes which would be made to the program if the...
- What makes a "Best Onsite concept"? // Food Management;Jan2007, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p24
The article presents an invitation for nomination for the Best Onsite Concepts competition by the "Food Management" periodical.
- Eating to the beat. Sparshott, Jeffrey // Warsaw Business Journal;3/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p18
Introduces the Zuraw food service industry in Zurawia, Poland. Descriptions of the atmosphere and place; Emphasis on the choices and variety of foods; Details on the services and promo offerings.
- A delicious team. France, Cindy // Camping Magazine;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p23
Presents tips from camp directors on how to get the most out of their relations with their food staff and to keep those customers coming back for more. Show you care; Communicate with customers through your menu; Give managers and cooks budget guidelines.