IN COLLEGE DINING HALL: WOOSTER SETS 'NO-FRY' ZONE
- The Renovation Game: Why the Revolving Door Won't Close. Lefebvre, Joanna // Food Management;Mar2006, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p40
The article discusses Purdue University's long-term renovation strategy. The renovation plans to increase flexibility to respond to studentsâ€™ expectations in food choices; move away from the traditional institutional college cafeteria; provide food service comparable to the commercial...
- Supporting the Mission. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Jun2006, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p44
The article reports on the quality of the foodservice operation at Villanova University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The university has a network of campus dining outlets known for their quality and creativity. The meal options meet the evolving student needs while preserving the financial...
- DINING CHOICES INCREASE AT UConn. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Jun2004, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p46
Features food service at the University of Connecticut in Storrs. Variety of food service outlets; Marketplace-style dining halls that form the core of board dining; Dining units in residence complexes; Coffeeshops. INSETS: Running a Kosher Station;A Cumbersome--lf Cozy--Tradition;Expanded...
- Feeding campus night owls. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Jan1999, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the growing number of food service operations in universities and colleges across the United States, that are extending service hours for late-night dining. Impact of extended service hours on college/university dining services department; Staffing challenges associated with late...
- STUDENTS POINT BROWSERS TO FOOD: Online ordering clicks in CA colleges. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p11
Provides information on the online ordering services available to students and university food service departments in southern California. Information on Earl's: The Online Experience at the University of California-San Diego; Room service at the University of Southern California.
- SOUTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY: Lunch check $6 in law school cafe. // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p16
Reports that the Tea Room in the former Bullock's Wilshire department store in Los Angeles, California is now the cafeteria for the Southwestern University School of Law. Some of the items offered at the cafeteria; Issues considered in operating the cafeteria; Reward for ten visits to the...
- IT'S IN THE DRINK. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the trends in food service at various colleges and universities in the U.S. as of February 15, 2003. Food category with the largest portion of sales.
- ORDERING FOOD AT KIOSKS: Tampa students get in touch. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the popularity of Grill Online, a touch-screen kiosk food ordering system at the University of Tampa's Spartan Club in Florida as of February 15, 2003. Weekly sales at Grill Online; Features of Grill Online; Variety of food being offered at the kiosk.
- Campus dining. // American School & University;May2007, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p12
This article explains that Haverford College in Haverford, Pennsylvania completed work on its new dining facility, The Coop, in fall 2006, by doubling the seating, renovating the existing cooking facilities, and adding a terrace and roof area for outdoor dining. Construction of The Coop...