99% IN DEKALB CTY.: Participation near-perfect in school breakfast pilot
- REGARDLESS OF INCOME: Hillsborough district adds free b'fast to 34 schools. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the addition of schools to the Hillsborough County School District's universal breakfast program in 2001 in Tampa, Florida. Reason for the expansion of the program; Food served at the breakfast program.
- Free Breakfast for All in Houston Schools. // Food Management;Aug2006, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p18
The article reports on the approval of a plan to offer free breakfast to all district students starting August 14, 2006, by the Houston Independent School District board of education in Texas. School meal prices have been frozen by the board until 2007. The district made the move to assist...
- F&R breakfast rises. // FoodService Director;12/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the increase of breakfast participation brought by the introduction of grab-and-go breakfast program by the Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District in 2004 in Houston, Texas. Comparison between the number of students who eat breakfast in 2003 and 2004 according to foodservice...
- Breakfast Business. // FoodService Director;6/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p13
The article discusses the free breakfast program offered to students by the Lincoln County Schools in Oregon. According to school district nutrition director Byron Sackett, the program was conceived to address the problem of student's non-eating of breakfast which he claims is a problem across...
- AN FSD NEWSTRACK EXCLUSIVE: NYC SCHOOLS GEAR UP FOR `BIGGEST EVER' SUMMER. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p22
Reports on the New York City school district's summer meal program for students on summer school which begins on June 28, 2000. Features of the breakfasts at summer school and open sites programs; Lunch menus; Preparation for the summer meals programs.
- IN A GROWING NUMBER OF SCHOOLS: Marketing, positioning help boost breakfast. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p22
Reports on the success of the school breakfast program at the Brandywine School District in Claymont, Delaware. Ways in measuring the success of school breakfast programs; Opportunity offered by school breakfast programs, according to Phyllis Gada, food service coordinator at the Brandywine...
- Paradise welcomes early risers. // FoodService Director;11/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p10
Deals with the implementation of in-class breakfast in several elementary schools in the Paradise Valley School District in Phoenix, Arizona. Impact of the program implementation on tardiness and absences; Reservations of teachers about the program; Dishes served.
- Sourcing Produce. // American Vegetable Grower;May2010, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p27
The article explores the opportunities that local growers in the U.S. may gain through the efforts of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) to improve school meals through the Farm to School salad bar programs. It relates the success of the pilot program in Riverside, California. The Farm to...
- Study Critical of Breakfast Programs. // FoodService Director;9/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on a study of 23 large urban schools districts by the Food Research and Action Center that suggested that implementing universal free breakfast programs and making breakfast part of the school day are the best ways to encourage more children--especially those from low-income...