SEEKING ADVANCE FOOD PRODUCTION: MARINE CORPS TAPS SODEXHO FOR MESSHALL MANAGEMENT
- DIFFERENT FROM OTHER N/C SEGMENTS: MARINE CORPS MESSHALLS DEMAND SPECIAL TREATMENT FROM CONTRACTOR. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p8
Discusses several factors differentiating foodservice management in the United States Marine Corps and military from other market segments. Food service distribution; Preparation of food under the guidelines stipulated in the Armed Forces Recipe Card Service; Lack of revenue-generating...
- HILL AWARD WINNER--MCRD SAN DIEGO: Marine Corps messhall stresses daily commitment to quality. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p44
Features the Messhall 620 building of the United States Marine Corps Recruiting Department/Western Recruiting Region in San Diego, California, winner of the 2001 Hill Memorial Awards Program for Food Service Excellence. Description of the food service operation; Effect of the competition on...
- On-Site Foodservice Digests. // Nation's Restaurant News;02/15/99, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p24
Provides brief updates about the on-site foodservice businesses in the United States as of February 1999. Concept added by Host Marriott Services Inc. to its portfolio; Recruitment of Gary Gunderson as director of business development at Compass Group North America; Appointment of Bill Day into...
- McCarten named '99 operator of the year. Allen // Nation's Restaurant News;09/27/99, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p1
Features William W. McCarten, named 1999 Operator of the Year during the 40th annual Multi-Unit Foodservice Operators (MUFSO) conference in Dallas, Texas. McCarten's spearheading of the growth of Host Marriott Services Corp. into a concessions giant; Career highlights.
- AND CONSOLIDATE CONTRACTS: MARINES TO OUTSOURCE. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p5
Reports that the United States Marine Corps is consolidating several food service contracts that cover garrison feeding at its bases and stations and replace traditional cook-serve production with centralized cook-chill systems. Number of its bases and stations; Purpose of the consolidation.
- Host Marriott wins concessions contract in China; 3Q falls short. // Nation's Restaurant News;09/28/98, Vol. 32 Issue 39, p18
Reports that Host Marriott Services Corp. has been awarded a contract to provide food and retail concessions at the Shenzen Huangtian International Airport in Shenzen, China. Overview on the financial shortfalls encountered by the company; Revenue aimed to be achieved by Host Marriott by the...
- With courtyard seating, table-service for 150: Themes unite concessions at Montreal Intl. airport. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p74
Reports that Host Marriott Services Corp. has been awarded the food service contract at Dorval Airport in Montreal, Quebec. Projected annual revenue from the ten-year contract; Host Marriott's remodeling and development project; Local restaurants slated to set up locations at Dorval.
- New concepts at Host. // FoodService Director;08/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p36
Focuses on Host Marriott Services which is considering the concept of airport food service as it introduces a mix of national and local restaurants to National Hall at Washington's National Airport which debuted in July 1997. Information on some of the concepts; Information on some of the...
- HMS' McCarthy spans the globe, bringing the world to local malls. King // Nation's Restaurant News;11/01/99, Vol. 33 Issue 44, p18
Reports on the participation of Host Marriott Services Executive Vice President John J. McCarthy during the unveiling of the Restauracje Ogrody food court in Warsaw, Poland. Plan of Host Marriott to open two additional food courts in Poland; Offer of fine dining options for Polish customers.