FROM LONG BEACH TO LAGUNA: Web site promotes hosp. cafes
- Flexible cookware. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p192
Reports that general manager of food and nutrition and environmental services for Long Beach Memorial Medical Center in California, Winnie Wu, has nothing but high regards for her cookware. Factors which represent good cookware; Prominence in the use of steamable pans by the staff of the food...
- Long Beach Medical Ctr. starts mobile cart service. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p8
Presents information on the `East Break Program' mobile cart service which was introduced in 1996 to the Long Beach Memorial Medical Center. Success of the program; Information on the facility; Revenue attained by the company; Details on the training programs undertaken by the managers of the...
- At Long Beach Med. Ctr.: Snack cart open for late-night. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p1
Announces the move of Long Beach Memorial Medical Center in California in expanding its FastBreak cart program. Objective of the move; Comments from Winnie Wu, general manager of hospital services.
- LONG BEACH MED. CTR. GIVING: Box lunches for discharges. // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p8
Focuses on a test program at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center in California that offers discharged patients a complementary boxed lunch as they wait for pickup to return home. Purpose of the program; Food cost of each meal at the hospital; Placement of boxed lunch; Operating hours of the program.
- Calif. Hosp. delivers `thank you' gift baskets. // FoodService Director;02/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p16
States that in an effort to show appreciation the hospital staff at the Long Beach Memorial Medical Center, for its service during the flu winter season, Foodservice management implemented a special delivery program for all shifts of fruit baskets and other gifts. Amount of hours worked by the...
- Untitled. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/29/97, Vol. 44 Issue 52, p24
Features notable guests who attended Long Beach Medical Center's 75th Anniversary Jubilee Ball held in Atlantic Beach, California on November 16, 1997. US Senator Alfonse D'Amato; Board president Bernard Kennedy; `Newsday' newspaper publisher Raymond A. Jansen; Long Beach Medical Center chief...
- INSIGHTS FROM PLAYING PATIENT. Turner, Sally // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;11/20/95, Vol. 69 Issue 22, p50
Reports on a family practice residency program at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center in California. Requirement that interns must play the role of a patient; Experience of Dr. Grant Uba in pretending to be an HIV-positive patient undergoing tests; Things that Uba learned after his experience;...
- Doctors take a patient's perspective. // Arthritis Today;May/Jun92, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the exercise developed by Dr. Stephen Brunton of the Long Beach Memorial Medical Center in California that allows new residents to pose as a patient. Features of the exercise; Other exercises given to residents.
- AT WEST COAST HOSPITAL: CARDIAC PATIENTS LEARNING HEART-HEALTHY MEAL PREP. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on the prepared heart-healthy meals at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center in California aim to teach former cardiac arrest patients how to prepare healthy dishes. Types of meals prepared by the medical center; Benefits of the meals to its patients.