What has the Web done for CD lately?
- Virtual Peacemaking Systems and Devices. // Military Review;Dec98-Feb99, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p54
Presents a list of hardware and software that must be considered as agents of virtual peacemaking. Computer games with emotions, religion, culture; Importance of public forums on a web page; Dual language software.
- CD/Web hybrids: Best of both worlds. Hallett, Peter // EMedia Professional;Mar1998, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p40
Focuses on developers' connection of their CD-ROM applications to the World Wide Web via embedded Web hyperlinks. Combination of the content of the Web with the speed of CD-ROM; Elimination of download delays; New medium for interactive marketing that flips the Web around.
- Caution: Platform crossing ahead. Heid, Jim // Macworld;Oct96, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p157
Focuses on the problems that World Wide Web-site and CD-ROM developers encounter when crossing platforms. Font foibels; Graphic differences; Audio aggravations. INSET: Who builds the best bridge?..
- Marketing and selling CD-ROM products on the World-Wide Web. Walker, Becki // CD-ROM Professional;Aug95, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p70
Discusses various aspects of marketing and selling CD-ROM products on the World Wide Web. Level playing field; Walnut Creek's minimalist approach; CyberSource's Software.Net; Suggestions.
- E-learning A-Z. Shepherd, Clive // IT Training;Nov2003, p15
No abstract available.
- Previews CD Ships. Gruenwedel, Erik // Brandweek;01/15/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p32
Reports that Hollywood Previews launched its Web-enabled CD-ROM magazine in the United States as of January 2001. Number of copies launched; Effort made to guarantee circulation of the CD-ROM magazine.
- The week. Strauss, Bob // Entertainment Weekly;06/21/96, Issue 332, p71
Reviews CD-ROM products, websites and home games available the week of June 21, 1996. `Bernard of Hollywood's Pin-Ups,' `Madeleine's Mind' and `Battle Arena Toshinden 2.' INSET: Cybertalk.
- Response time. Strauss, Bob // Entertainment Weekly;10/13/95, Issue 296, p33
Presents answers to queries on developments in CD-ROMs and the World Wide Web. Cost of CD-ROMs; Nature of digital videodiscs; Cost of wiring for interactive TV.
- Rankings and files. // Entertainment Weekly;10/13/95, Issue 296, p34
Presents developments in cybernetics. Includes titles of videogames; Advanced hardware equipment; Titles of CD-ROMs; Websites.