Directing disc construction
- What's in a CD-ROM drive? Thompson, Brad // CD-ROM Professional;Dec95, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p90
Reports on the design and the technology inside a CD-ROM drive. INSETS: Field notes of a CD-ROM drive dissection.;Directions from the drive designer's chair: New technologies..;New drives directions: Faster and smaller?.;Companies mentioned in this article.
- The evolution of a CD-ROM title. Bonime, Andrew // CD-ROM Professional;Feb96, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p62
Focuses on the development a CD-ROM title, evolved by Jonathan Berger and Christian Constantinov. First stage design problems; Emergence of alternative screen designs; Simplifying the design. INSETS: About screen resolutions.;Lockout.;Creating the install..
- Mastering, replicating & packaging. // EMedia Professional;Oct97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p34
Reports on compact discs (CD), digital video discs (DVDs), and CD-read only memory (CD-ROM) mastering, replicating, and packaging technology and services. Introduction of a digital versatile disc copy-protection technology; Continuous process that may be used to replace injection molding, the...
- Smart and Friendly $399 2x6 CD-Recordable. // Computers in Libraries;Feb97, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p48
Discusses Smart and Friendly Inc.'s CD-R 2006/PRO 2x CD-ROM recorder/6x CD-ROM reader with an Adaptec small computer serial interface (SCSI) adapter, a CD labeling kit with template software and a blank CD-R disc. Features; Included software; Availability; Cost; Contact information.
- In brief. // Rubber & Plastics News;2/11/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p11
Introduces several products for rubber and plastics industries in the U.S. as of February 2002. Specification of a CD-ROM by Advanced Polymer Alloys; Scope of the publication from Degussa Corp.; Offering of a brochure from Rogers Corp.
- Design ideas for CD-ROM. Marden, Lori // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;2/15/95, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p69
Features new magazines. CD-ROM quarterly `Concept, An Interactive Magazine'; `Derivatives Quarterly'; `Franchise Buyer'; `Next News'; `Multimedia Producer.'
- Multimedia offerings. // Material Handling Engineering;Dec97, Vol. 52 Issue 13, p14
Reports on the compact disc-read only memory (CD-ROM) for electronic data interchange (EDI) professionals and videos featuring case studies of customer applications around the world. Information on the EDI 97 produced by the Uniform Code Council, Inc.; Price of EDI 97; Titles of the two videos...
- CD-ROM drive manufacturing. Traub, Rie // EMedia Professional;Sep97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p54
Discusses about compact disc-read-only memory (CD-ROM) drive manufactures. Definition of drive manufacturer; Shipment of CD-ROM drives into the channel; Information on drive-component manufacturing; Factor in change-over to digital video disc (DVD)-ROM from CD-ROM; Benefits of offering a...
- You Say You Think it Can't be Done? How to Produce "Perfect" Software. // Software Practitioner;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p1
The article offers tips for computer software professionals on developing a perfect software, with reference from the software developed for the Mars Lander, the spacecraft that landed on the planet Mars, which include the use of coding standards, error checking, and maintaining a backup.