MidWest Micro incorporates SuperDisk and Sony CD-R drives into new systems
- Sony announces twin laser optical pickups for reading DVD, CD-ROM, and CD-R. Bennett, Hugh // CD-ROM Professional;Oct96, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p14
Focuses on Sony Corp.'s introduction of two separate optical pickups capable of reading digital video disc, compact disc read-only memory and compact disc-recordable. Features and capabilities; Prices.
- New standard doubles data density on MO disks. Normile, Dennis // Design News;7/19/99, Vol. 55 Issue 14, p34
Highlights the released of GIGAMO Magneto-optical (MO) disk drive by Sony Corp. and Fujitsu Ltd. Information on the MO recording; Significance of the Magnetically induced Super Resolution, a device which allows density of MO data marks to be doubled.
- New disc format. // Popular Electronics;Aug94, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p50
Reports on Sony Corp.'s introduction of a MiniDisc (MD) Data drive. Features; Capabilities; Software developers interested in supporting the data drive.
- Videos to DVD. // Video Systems;Oct2005, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p35
Features the DVDirect VRD-VC20 automated burner from Sony Corp. in the U.S. Product design; Capability of the device; Price of the product.
- Upward spiral. Dipert, Brian // EDN Europe;Aug2003, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p46
Focuses on the evolution of optical storage devices in the U.S. Benefits of the devices for the electronic industry; Characteristics of the digital video disc technology; Development of the high-definition video recorder by Sony Corp. INSETS: THE TAPE ALTERNATIVE;BITS AND BYTES;NEXT-GENERATION...
- New Blu-ray drive doubles burning speed. // Caribbean Business;10/25/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 42, p59
The article evaluates the BWU-200S Blu-ray disc drive from Sony Corp.
- Sony DRU-710A. // Australian Personal Computer;Feb2005, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p54
Evaluates the Sony DRU-710A optical drive from Sony Corp. Capability of the drive; Features of the optical drive; Size of the optical drive.
- BUYER'S MARKET: CD-RX DRIVES. Perenson, Melissa J.; McLeod, Ramon G. // PCWorld;Mar2002, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p26
Focuses on compact-disc-rewritable, or CD-RW, drives for computers as of winter 2002. Indication that prices for the computer drives, even the 32X and 24X models, are at an all-time low; Reasons that prices have fallen; Warning that as drives become faster the additional user benefit shrinks;...
- SONY TO BOW BLU-RAY LAPTOP IN JUNE. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Retailing;5/21/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p8
Reports on the plan of Sony Corp. to offer a Blu-ray disc drive in a notebook computer in the U.S. in June 2006.