Intel joins DVD Forum's WG-4 Audio Working Group
- Microsoft, Intel Announce Support For HD DVD. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/10/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p6
The article reports on the support given by Microsoft and Intel regarding the high-definition (HD) DVD format. They say that they will join the HD DVD Promotion Group to assist with marketing efforts. Microsoft held back for as long as possible an endorsement for either next-generation optical...
- Microsoft, Intel Throw Support to HD DVD. Arnold, Thomas K. // Home Media Retailing;10/2/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the participation of Microsoft and Intel on the HD DVD Promotion Group in October 2005. Perception of the companies on high-definition (HD) DVD; Partnership between Microsoft and Toshiba to create HD DVD players and computers; Issues surrounding the market for HD DVD and Blu-ray...
- Blue-ray Ribbon. Arnold, Thomas K. // Home Media Retailing;10/23/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p3
Reports that Warner Home Video has officially joined the Blu-ray Disc Association as of October 2005, which supports the Blu-ray optical disc format developed by Sony Corp. Other entertainment studios that have joined the organization; Views of analyst Ted Schadler regarding the potential of...
- Intel to support both HD-DVD and Blu-ray. Taylor, Colleen // Electronic News;10/8/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 41, p3
The article reports that Intel's fifth-generation Centrino mobile platform processors codenamed Montevina will have a native support for both HD DVD and Blu-ray media format when it launches in 2008, according to Intel chief executive officer Paul Otellini during the Intel Developer Forum....
- Facts, figures, & findings. // EMedia Professional;Mar1998, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p12
Presents facts, figures and report findings that may be of interest to optical disc users. Includes low consumer awareness of DVD market; Projected growth of online shopping revenues; Employment prospects for information technology personnel.
- Wide screen laser discs. Frumkes, Roy // Films in Review;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 44 Issue 7/8, p253
Presents an analysis of wide screen laser discs. Importance of quality control in the laser disc industry; Advent of Super 35, a film format allowing different aspect ratios; Features; Technical specifications; Reviews of wide screen discs.
- Laser discs, barcodes, and books...a great combination. Peto, Erica // Technology Connection;Feb96, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p22
Presents tips on how to make the most out of laser disc, barcodes and books. Preserving discs lifespan; Protection of files; How to use barcodes in bringing up laser disc images. INSETS: How to make barcodes.;Who sells barcode readers?..
- Optical disc technology. TR // Computers in Libraries;Oct94, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p65
Cites an article on optical disc technology entitled `The Rise of CD-Recordable: A Report from the Corporate Front,' by Nancy K. Herther. Results of a survey of corporate users of CD-R technology.
- Optical disc technologies. Rinne, Teri // Computers in Libraries;Feb94, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p64
Reviews the article `Driving CD-ROM: Microsolutions Backpack CD-ROM Drive,' by Norman Desmarais.