Pioneer, JVC, Twentieth Century Fox sign up for Divx; Sony says `Nay'
- VHS format strikes back. Nelson, Terry // Pro Sound News;Dec95, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p14
Announces the release of the Star Wars trilogy on videocasette by Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (THX). Assessment of awards received by THX for laser disc releases; Details on THX's transfer from film to video; Comments by David Schuelle, engineer for the THX Laser DiscProgram.
- 'Phantom' menacing DVD sales record. Hetherby, Jennifer // Daily Variety;10/19/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 35, p12
Reports the DVD sales record for the 'Star Wars: Episode I--The Phantom Menace,' produced by the 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment in Los Angeles, California. Consumer spending for the disc; Number of copies sold; Revenue generated; Retail price for the film.
- Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. // Discount Store News;8/19/96, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p45
Reports on motion picture video releases from Twentieth Century Fox Entertainment International for the fourth quarter of 1996.
- Fox bows vid op in Hong Kong. Brodie, John // Variety;10/14/96, Vol. 364 Issue 11, p38
Reports on Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment International's opening of its Asia-Pacific regional office in Hong Kong.
- Twentieth's empire grows worldwide, buy and buy. Spring, Greg // Electronic Media;09/29/97, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p28
Focuses on a numerous amount of acquisitions which were made by Twentieth Century Fox International Television. Comments by Mark Kaner, president of Twentieth Century Fox International Television; Significance of marketing and promotion; Information on Twentieth Century Fox's involvement in...
- Managing ever-changing sell-thru. Goldstein, Seth // Billboard;1/6/96, Vol. 108 Issue 1, p43
Reports from New York, on 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment thirty-one percent increase in cassette sales over 1994. Reason for increase. INSET: Domestic Home video market share, 1993-1995..
- JVC set to produce Divx-enabled DVD players. // EMedia Professional;Apr98, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p18
Reports on JVC Co. of America's plan to manufacture digital versatile disk (DVD) players that include the Dixv feature.
- JVC increases video disc capacity. // Electronic News;6/13/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2018, p22
Reports on the development of a prototype 4.8-inch digital video disc system capable of recording more than two hours of MPEG-2 level motion pictures by Victor Co. of Japan Ltd. (JVC). Variable bit rate technology for compressing the video; Features of the prototype; Use of red laser in the...
- Fox Home Entertainment promotes Moore to president, int'l operations. Dean, Peter // Billboard;07/19/97, Vol. 109 Issue 29, p86
Reports that Stephen Moore has been named president of international operations for 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment. His responsibilities; His previous work as senior vice president in Europe; Highlights of his career.