On the road again: DVD to go (auto)mobile
- Alpine reports back-ordered AM/FM/CD line. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/06/99, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p35
Reports that Alpine Corp. back-ordered its entire line of AM/FM/CD automobile audio equipment.
- ALPINE RANGE. Dupriez, Damon // Street Machine;Jul2002, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p126
Evaluates several car audio products from Alpine Electronics. CDA-7998R FantomFace XL compact disc tuner; V12 Accuclass-D mono amplifiers; Type-R speakers and subwoofers.
- DO NOT ADJUST YOUR SET. // Motor;Dec2003, p144
In September, NRMA Ltd. in New South Wales circulated a study that showed that making adjustments to car audio while driving was more dangerous than using a hands-free mobile phone. Note, that's a hands-free mobile, not hand-held. The study was based on the reactions of 30 people placed in a...
- Alpine shifts gears to target youth. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;01/06/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p167
Focuses on Alpine Electronics' plan to release several car audio products in year 2000. Shift in marketing direction; Proposal to target a younger demographic; Emphasis on bass and new technologies such as MP3.
- ALPINE iDA-X100 RECEIVER. // Wheels;Jun2008, p145
The article evaluates the iDA-X100 receiver from the company Alpine.
- Alpine Shifts To System Sales. Gilroy, Amy // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/9/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p38
This article reports on the launch of a retail merchandising program by Alpine in the U.S. The program is designed to sell complete car stereo systems rather than individual components. Alpine identified several reasons why a consumer enters a 12-volt store and designed systems around them. The...
- Alpine Rides iPod Wave With Car Adapter. Gilroy, Amy // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/26/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p50
Reports on the move of Alpine to emerge into the Apple iPod bandwagon introducing an interface that enables Alpine car CD receivers to link to an iPod as of January 2004. Information on iPod Ready Interface Kits; Statement from Stephen Witt, Alpine marketing vice president, regarding the...
- HOT WIRED. // Motor;Aug2003, p128
I had my annual Lotus therapy the other day, something that everyone who writes about cars should undergo. Lotus therapy maintains your sense of perspective in an ever-softening environment. A quick fang in a Lotus, driving at its most committed and least compromised, clears all the rubbish out...
- HOW CAN I CONNECT MY iPOD TO MY CAR STEREO? Oh, Ben // Popular Science;May2007, Vol. 270 Issue 5, p98
This article presents a question on how to connect an iPod (digital music player) to a car stereo, and several possible methods that can be used to do this. The author mentions FM modulators as well as auxiliary input interfaces, but the author seems to feel it's best to buy a new stereo with a...