Can CDs get Mad Cow Disease?
- Why CD-R is the best solution for network storage. Doering, David // EMedia Professional;Aug97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p78
Examines the capabilities of the compact disc-read only memory (CD-ROM) in network storage. Comparison of the storage devices in the market; Using CD-R for network storage.
- Recordable CD-ROM drives. Kaliczak, Anne // InfoWorld;8/9/93, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p68
Rates JVC's recordable compact disc-read only memory (CD-ROM) players. Performance of the Mixed-mode RomMaker; Personal Archiver; Personal RomMaker; Prices; Contact information.
- Speeding the disc. O'Malley, Chris // Popular Science;Jun97, Vol. 250 Issue 6, p40
Looks at technology from Western Digital that would improve CD-ROM performance by 100 percent. The Storage Data Acceleration or SDX; The downside to the technology; Plan by Western to sell SDX hard drives the same time as Sanyo.
- NEC CD ROMs: Multimedia presentations to go. McLaughlin, Laurianne // PCWorld;Jul1993, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p74
Reports on NEC Technologies Inc.'s MultiSpin products. MultiSpin 38, NEC's portable 2.2 pound CD ROM drive; Data Transfer rate; RAM cache; MultiSpin drives; Optional battery pack; Connection to a notebook through a parallel-to-SCSI interface kit; Portable unit's housing; External MultiSpin 74;...
- Will multimedia ever get down to business? Coursey, David // PC World;Jul1994, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p55
Discusses the advantages and disadvantages of using CD ROM drives. Business applications; Proliferation of suites; Costs.
- The trouble with benchmarks. Starrett, Robert A. // CD-ROM Professional;Sep96, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p96
Points out the disadvantages of benchmarking CD-ROM speed. Different ways of caching data; Consideration of different hardware configurations; Measuring of sequential access speed and random access speed.
- Getting a Clear Picture of Optical Storage. Goldsborough, Reid // Community College Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p31
Provides information on several optical storage technology. Details on compact disc-ROM; Features of a Compact Disc Recordable; Cost advantage of a Compact Disc Rewritable.
- Picking up speed: CD-ROM networking solutions promise 54X to 120X delivery. Misek, Marla // EMedia Professional;Jan1998, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p17
Reports on companies that announced or released high-speed, high-performance CD-ROM networked storage solutions in October 1997. Cutting Edge's CD-RAIDStor line; Procom Technology's HyperCD 100X; Todd Enterprises Inc.'s MCD 54X module; REALM Information Technologies' REALM Universal S-I server.
- Raiding CD networks. Doering, David // EMedia Professional;Feb99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p36
Focuses on the CD-ROM networking industry. Discussion on the cost of hard disk space as compared to the per-megabyte cost of a host attached CD-ROM tower; Barriers to magnetic storage.