Transcultural nursing theory and models: The challenges of application
- The need for transcultural nursing. Leininger, Madeleine // Second Opinion;Apr92, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p83
Presents certain nurse-patient encounters illustrating the great demand for transcultural nurse specialists. Nurse Jones' attempts to make a Chinese immigrant drink water; A staff nurse's annoyance with the seemingly fatalistic attitude of her patients' parents; Value of cultural care to health...
- The state of transcultural nursing global leadership and education. Luna, Linda J.; Miller, June // Contemporary Nurse: A Journal for the Australian Nursing Profess;2008, Vol. 28 Issue 1/2, p1
The authors reflect on the studies on global transcultural nursing leadership and the progress in fostering cultural competence through transcultural nursing education in Australia. They cite the launch of Transcultural Nursing Society (TCNS) International's certification process for nurses...
- Use of the Culture Care Theory and Ethnonursing Method to discover how nursing faculty teach culture care. Mixer, Sandra J. // Contemporary Nurse: A Journal for the Australian Nursing Profess;2008, Vol. 28 Issue 1/2, p23
As the world becomes increasingly multicultural, transcultural nursing education is critical to ensuring a culturally competent workforce. This paper presents a comprehensive review of literature and results of an ethnonursing pilot study using the Culture Care Theory (CCT) to discover how...
- Transcultural Nursing: The global agenda. Douglas, Marilyn; Lipson, Juliene G. // Contemporary Nurse: A Journal for the Australian Nursing Profess;2008, Vol. 28 Issue 1/2, p162
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the skills needed for world citizenship and how the skills form the basis for providing culturally competent care for vulnerable population, one on the scope and magnitude of the international nurse recruitment...
- The trouble with 'transcultural nursing ethics'. Gallagher, Ann // Nursing Ethics;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p155
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the comparison between western and Chinese ethical philosophies, one on health care reform in Turkey, and one on moral theory in intercultural nursing practice.
- Transcultural Nursing Theory and Models: Application in Nursing Education, Practice, and Administration Twee. Tweedie, Jeanine // Online Journal of Cultural Competence in Nursing & Healthcare;Jan2013, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p1
No abstract available.
- The ACCESS model: a transcultural nursing practice framework. Narayanasamy, Aru // British Journal of Nursing;5/9/2002, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p643
Focuses on the transcultural nursing practice framework ACCESS model for nurses in Great Britain. Delivery of transcultural nursing care; Evaluation of the usefulness of the model by a questionnaire study; Reasons of the interest of students and practitioners on the model.
- Leininger, Madeleine. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1315
An encyclopedia entry for "Madeleine Leininger," founder and leader of transcultural nursing who developed the theory of cultural care diversity and universality, is presented.
- Web Watch. // British Journal of Nursing;5/9/2002, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p634
Presents information on Web sites related to transcultural nursing. Founder of the Transcultural Nursing Society; Design of the site of the Transcultural Nursing for Dummies; Aim of the site of the Transcultural Nursing and Healthcare Association.