Obstructions to sprinkler discharge pattern development
- Water Mist Explored. Pepi, Jerome S. // Buildings;Oct99, Vol. 93 Issue 10, p42
Focuses on water mist systems. Fire suppression performance demonstrated by water mist nozzles; How water mist systems are classified; Types of nozzles.
- Deluge Fire Sprinkler System Delivers. Schmidt, David W. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Mar99, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p58
Focuses on the methods for detection and actuation for a deluge fire sprinkler system. Use of deluge systems in special hazard applications; Installation of wet pilot sprinklers in the hazard for detection; Choices of electrical detection in the fire protection industry.
- Sidewalls: The `superhuman' sprinkler head? Corbett, Glenn P. // Fire Engineering;Jun96, Vol. 149 Issue 6, p36
Discusses the capabilities and benefits of sidewall sprinklers installed in buildings in the United States to prevent the spread of fire. Definition and types of sidewall sprinklers; Installation standards and testing criteria in set by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA);...
- Effective fire prevention is an essential component of any successful business. COX, IAIN // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);10/22/2010, p22
The author argues that a vital component of a successful business is having an effective fire prevention system. He cites the fire accident that occurred at the Amcor Flexibles print and packaging factory in Livingston, England in September 2010. He reveals the fact that less than 1% of...
- CPVC fire system approved. // Fire Safety Engineering;May2002, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p4
Reports that a CPVC fire sprinkler system has been approved for use in contact with cold potable water by the Water Research Advisory Scheme in Great Britain.
- Winterizing your fire protection system. Castle, Chuck // Cleaning & Maintenance Management;Nov2008, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p42
The article presents a discussion on maintaining fire protection system during the cold season. As cold weather approaches, sprinkler pipes and other system components become increasingly vulnerable to freezing. A thorough inspection is the first step in preventing sprinkler freeze-ups. Fire...
- Economical, Efficient Protection. Johnson, Gary L. // Buildings;Feb2001, Vol. 95 Issue 2, p30
Presents information on CPVC fire sprinkler system, a technology which aims to provide fire protection for commercial buildings. Advantages of the installing the system; Quality of technology performance of the system.
- SPRINKLERS IN CONTEXT. Bressington, Peter // Fire Safety Engineering;Dec2009/Jan2010, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p24
The article reports on the use of sprinkler system for fire prevention management in London, England. It states the benefits of using sprinklers which include decreasing temperatures, controlling smoke production, and reducing the fire size. It cites that some of the limitations of using...
- The Time Has Come to Win the Sprinkler Battle. Coleman, Ronny J. // PM Engineer;Aug2008, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p42
The article discusses the need to address residential fire safety by adding a requirement to the International Residential Code regarding sprinklers for new dwellings and townhouses. The International Code Council (ICC) has welcomed the participation of U.S. public officials in developing its...