Obstructions to sprinkler discharge pattern development
- Water Mist Explored. Pepi, Jerome S. // Buildings;Oct99, Vol. 93 Issue 10, p42
Focuses on water mist systems. Fire suppression performance demonstrated by water mist nozzles; How water mist systems are classified; Types of nozzles.
- Deluge Fire Sprinkler System Delivers. Schmidt, David W. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Mar99, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p58
Focuses on the methods for detection and actuation for a deluge fire sprinkler system. Use of deluge systems in special hazard applications; Installation of wet pilot sprinklers in the hazard for detection; Choices of electrical detection in the fire protection industry.
- Sidewalls: The `superhuman' sprinkler head? Corbett, Glenn P. // Fire Engineering;Jun96, Vol. 149 Issue 6, p36
Discusses the capabilities and benefits of sidewall sprinklers installed in buildings in the United States to prevent the spread of fire. Definition and types of sidewall sprinklers; Installation standards and testing criteria in set by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA);...
- Effective fire prevention is an essential component of any successful business. COX, IAIN // PrintWeek;10/22/2010, p22
The author argues that a vital component of a successful business is having an effective fire prevention system. He cites the fire accident that occurred at the Amcor Flexibles print and packaging factory in Livingston, England in September 2010. He reveals the fact that less than 1% of...
- CPVC fire system approved. // Fire Safety Engineering;May2002, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p4
Reports that a CPVC fire sprinkler system has been approved for use in contact with cold potable water by the Water Research Advisory Scheme in Great Britain.
- Winterizing your fire protection system. Castle, Chuck // Cleaning & Maintenance Management;Nov2008, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p42
The article presents a discussion on maintaining fire protection system during the cold season. As cold weather approaches, sprinkler pipes and other system components become increasingly vulnerable to freezing. A thorough inspection is the first step in preventing sprinkler freeze-ups. Fire...
- Polystyrene tests reveal need for added fire protection. // Fire Engineering;Mar1999, Vol. 152 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on the Factory Mutual Research Corp.'s tests which found that standard, dry-pipe automatic fire sprinkler systems cannot adequately protect an area insulated with expanded polystyrene (EPS) core panels. Need to retrofit the systems with additional sprinklers or to apply thermal barriers...
- Fire Pumps: Overview for the Year 2000. Bromann, Mark // Professional Safety;May99, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p38
Describes the importance of fire pumps in combating fires. Factors to consider in choosing fire pumps; Types of fire pumps; Information on fire sprinkler systems.
- Hotel's cool sprinklers. // Fire Safety Engineering;Sep2005, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the installation of a combined sprinkler and air conditioning system at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole and at the Marriott Gosforth Park hotels by All Facility Services PLC in Great Britain.