Iowa Legislature Moves Forward With Tobacco Securitization Plan
- Virginia Governor Signs 2003ï¿½04 Budget With $400M Fran Cap Hike. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/20/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31390, p34
Reports the legislation of a billion budget bill in Virginia. Provision of funds for highway construction; Issuance of higher-education revenue bonds; Proposal for a regional transportation bond referendums.
- New Mexico House Passes Funds Bill. // Credit Union Times;2/17/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p22
The article reports on the adoption of a public funds bill by the New Mexico House that covers distribution of state monies for credit unions (CUs) and small banks in a plan that could possibly shift more than 5 billion dollars from big money center banks in New Mexico.
- Washington's Supreme Court Strikes Down Voter-Approved Tax Initiative. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;10/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31005, p5
Reports that a 1999 Washington initiative approved by voters that threatened to cut over a billion dollar from the state's transit fund has been invalidated. Unconstitutionality of Initiative 695; Views of the Washington Supreme Court on the bill.
- Congress Finishes D.C. Spending Bill. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/16/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31019, p36
Reports the completion of the appropriations bill for fiscal year 2001 in Washington D.C. Provisions of the spending bill; Securitization of payments from the national tobacco settlement; Threat of a veto from President Bill Clinton.
- Bill to fund CAP advances. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/22/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 35, p7A
Reports on the legislation concerning funding allocation for the Citizens Advisory Panel in Suffolk County, New York. Provisions of the bill; Salary of the staff; Management of energy issues.
- Senate veto delays restitution. RÁKOS, TOMÁŠ // Prague Post;8/22/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 34, pB1
The article reports that the Czech Republic Senate rejected the government-sponsored bill on property settlement between the state and churches on August 15, 2012, in which bill could cause problem in public finances and in the society.
- With budget mostly done, state to drop VTCs, pay for roadwork. Brown, Nathan // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;6/19/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 144, pA1
The article reports on the move by the Assembly to pass bills to fund transportation, public protection and environmental conservation in New York.
- Ohio House Passes $1.8 Billion Capital Bill. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;05/04/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30884, p4
Reports on the passage of a 1.8 billion capital bill in Ohio.
- Clean Elections Efforts Build. Sifry, Micah // Yes!;Winter2004, Issue 28, p7
Presents updates related to movement for clean elections in the U.S. Recommendations of public financing for legislative offices; Call for democracy reform agenda through the legislature; Legislative approval of a bill calling for full public financing of judicial elections.