New Lawsuit Alleges Little Rock Funds Diverted for Clinton Park
- Corrections. // Bond Buyer;7/24/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32925, p2
Corrections to the articles about a Nebraska court ruling on prepaid gas transactions and on the profile of municipal bond pricing and evaluation services are presented.
- Calif. tax case and L.A.'s DOT lawsuit on Justices' docket. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;10/01/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30738, p5
Reports on the cases `Kimel vs. Florida Board of Regents' and `Vermont Agency of Natural Resources vs. Us., ex rel Stevens' in the United States. Details of the municipal bond cases; Challenge to California's franchise tax.
- ALABAMA: JeffCo Trio Seek Trial Delay. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/23/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33154, p9
The article reports on a second delay of a trial seeking by the three men indicted in a Jefferson County, Alabama sewer bond pay-to-play criminal case. They asked for the second delay because the case is complex and they have not had time to sift through all the discovery evidence. The trial is...
- California School Bond Program Unfair, Civil Rights Groups Charge. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;03/31/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30861, p3
Reports that civil rights groups sued California to stop the distribution of funds from the school bond measure approved by voters in 1998. Claims that the allocation of funds is discriminatory against minority children; Filing of the lawsuit in behalf of a group of inner-city students and parents.
- Illinois Hospital Suit Won't Be Heard Until February. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/18/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30139, p4
Reports on developments pertaining to the lawsuit filed by Wood River Township, Illinois, that seeks to halt repayment of bonds issued for a hospital and recoup taxpayer funds already paid to investors. Scheduled hearing of the case on February 2001; Appearance of the parties involved in the...
- Courts Side With Wisconsin Regulator in Ambac Effort. McGee, Patrick // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/4/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 21, p11
The article discusses a court case wherein the plaintiff's motion was denied seeking to stay at the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance from allowing it to settle credit default swap claims owed to major banks.
- Davis Case's Impact Could Be Felt Most in N.Y., California. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/6/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32685, p1
The article reports on the impact of the high court's ruling to uphold the lower court's decision concerning the Kentucky versus Davis Supreme Court case towards the municipal bond market in New York and California. States with high income taxes and frequent issuers could encounter major changes...
- N.J.'s State Contract Debt Challenged. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;12/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31046, p1
Reports on Bogota, New Jersey Mayor Steven Lonegan's plan to file a lawsuit in Hackensack Superior Court challenging the constitutionality of New Jersey's state-contract debt. Lonegan's efforts to prevent further bond sales with the security pledge; Validity of appropriation-backed debt in the...
- Lake County, Ind., Localities Lose State Tax Warrant Abilities. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p3
Reports that municipalities in Lake County, Indiana, have started looking at borrowing options after the Indiana Bond Bank barred them from borrowing through its tax anticipation warrant program. Concerns of the bank on the uncertainty of the timing of tax revenues due to a taxpayer lawsuit that...