Spurned by Knoxville, Tenn., Airport Authority Takes Action
- Indianapolis Airport Authority looks at options for upgrading terminal. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;06/29/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30424, p47
Reports that the Indianapolis Airport Authority may decide to build a new passenger terminal to supplant an aging complex. Cost of the project; Municipal bond issues of the agency; Viability of massive reconfiguration of the existing terminal, according to Dennis Rosebrough of BAA Indianapolis.
- Columbus Airport looks to spruce up with $88 million deal. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;02/18/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30333, p27
Reports that the Columbus Municipal Airport Authority in Ohio will issue revenue bonds to finance airport improvements. Ratings for the bond from Moody's Investor Service and Fitch IBCA Inc.; Underwriters; Major airline carriers operating at the airport.
- San Francisco airs fly despite markets' dive. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;05/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30636, p2
Reports that a $250-million issue of the San Francisco Airport Commission has sold quickly, despite a sharp selloff in the United States municipal bond market.
- Compromise could lead to $500 million of new PFCs. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;03/06/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30842, p4
Reports on additional revenues to back airport bond issues from the passenger facility charges adopted by aviation bill negotiators in the United States. Positive development for airport finance and bondholders; Part of a bill to extend and expand federal aviation programs in the US.
- Denver International set to take off with $600 million of revenue bonds. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;07/16/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30188, p3
Reports on the planned issuance of revenue bonds for the Denver International Airport in Denver, Colorado. Preliminary financing plan; Intended uses for money to be raised from the bond issue; Upgrading of the bonds by Moody's Investors Service; Selection of the underwriting team for the...
- Deal preview: Dade County, Fla.'s $200 million aviation deal should soar. Gallo, Pete // Bond Buyer;10/08/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30247, p2
Reports on the strong investor reception for the $200 million bond issue planned by Dade County, Florida in October 1997 to finance an improvement program for the Miami International Airport.
- Airports gearing up with campaign to push congress on funding increases. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/20/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30313, p4
Reports on the plan of airport authorities in the United States to launch a campaign, coordinated by the Airports Council International, to help influence Congress to increase airport funding by increasing passenger facility charge limit. Proposal to increase funding for the Airport Improvement...
- Indianapolis Airport to sell $84 million of bonds, buy out '94 rate swap. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;05/19/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30396, p25
Focuses on Indiana's Indianapolis Airport Authority's plan to sell refunding revenue bonds on May 20, 1998. Proposal to buy out an interest rate swap from 1994; Target buyers.
- Trust fund bill sparks bipartisan fight. Phillips, Edward H. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/20/1995, Vol. 142 Issue 12, p32
Reports on the clash between bipartisan forces in the House of Representatives and key committee members of both the parties regarding the removal of Airport and Airway Trust Fund from the Federal budget. Information about the fund in the Federal budget; Role of House Speaker Newt Gingrich;...