Public Finance Groups Attack School Bond Restrictions
- $589 Million Oct. Reversal Helps Year's Muni Fund Performance. Maurice, Alex // Bond Buyer;12/29/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31047, p1
Reports on developments concerning municipal bond mutual funds in the United States for the months of October and November 2000. Total net inflows for the months; Reversal of net cash flow into municipal mutual funds; Net cash outflows.
- Munis Unchanged in Moderate Activity; Over $5 Billion Hits Primary Market. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/24/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31498, p2
Reports on activities that took place in the U.S. public finance market on October 24, 2002. Little change in municipal bond yields in moderate activity; Bonds that hit the primary market; Repricing of Massachusetts Bay transportation Authority revenue bonds in the negotiated sector.
- Airport Deals Stacked Up From Cleveland to Chicago to Detroit. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;02/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31070, p7
Focuses on three sizable airport issues in the United States as of February 5, 2001. Cleveland, Ohio's revenue offering for a runway construction at Hopkins International Airport; Chicago, Illinois's special facility revenue bonds for United Airlines at O'Hare International Airport; Wayne...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;04/06/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31113, p35
Presents news briefs pertaining to municipal bonds and public finance as of April 6, 2001. Voters' approval of general obligation bond measures in a municipal election; Idaho Legislature's approval of a proposed tax reduction; Rating assigned by Fitch to school and park bonds that will be sold...
- Regional Wrap. Kruger, Daniel; Albanese, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette; Whalen, Robert; Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;01/18/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30809, p2A
Presents news briefs pertaining to municipal bonds and public finance in the United States as of January 18, 2000. Possible approval of a constitutional amendment on borrowing practices in New York; Arkansas Board of Education's approval of its first charter.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Peacock, Wayne; Floyd, Daniel F.; Vadum, Matthew; McKaig, Ryan; Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;12/18/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30139, p33
Presents news briefs pertaining to municipal bonds and public finance in the Northeastern States as of December 18, 2000. Greenwich, Connecticut's plan to issue its first general obligation debt since 1970; D.C. Appleseed Center's release of a report recommending major reforms to the District...
- Kentucky Dangles $400 Million Deal, But Retail May Not Bite. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;03/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31104, p7
Reports on developments concerning municipal bonds and public finance in the United States as of March 26, 2001. 50 basis-point cut by the Federal Reserve Board; Decline in Treasury yields; Negotiated and competitive bond sale.
- Munis Remain Firm, Treasuries Rally Despite Higher Than Expected Indexes. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/13/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32028, p2
Reports on the stability of the municipal bonds market in the U.S. in December 10, 2004. Indicators of the movement; Implication of the trend for the Treasury market; Assessment of economists on the trend.
- A Capital Idea: Cities Getting Back to Funding Public Art. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;12/15/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31038, p30
Reports on local government's use of bonds to finance public art outside of museum settings to enhance public facilities in the United States. Amount allocated by San Francisco, California to public art; Publicly funded art projects in major cities.