S&P Lowers California's GO Rating
- Washington Rises. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/10/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32545, p27
The article reports on the rise in Washington D.C.'s debt rating to A-plus from A based on Standard & Poor's Corp. The rise involved the citation of the city's expanding tax base, solid reserves and prudent management. The rating shows the city's position as a retail trade center for Franklin...
- Harris County Water District Upgraded to BBB by S&P. // Bond Buyer;8/23/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32698, p2
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. raised its underlying rating on the multi-million dollar general obligation debt of Harris County, Texas' Water Control and Improvement District No. 155. The BBB from BBB-minus rating is based on the district's advanced development and moderation...
- Coraopolis, Pa., Outlook to Negative. // Bond Buyer;9/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32223, p2
Reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has revised its rating outlook to negative from stable on the outstanding general obligation bonds of Coraopolis, Pennsylvania, based on the borough's weakening financial performance and accumulated general fund balance deficit.
- Sarasota, Fla., GOs Raised to AA by S&P. // Bond Buyer;10/7/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32234, p2
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has raised its credit rating for the outstanding general obligation debt of Sarasota, Florida. Factors contributing to the upgrade of the city's general obligation debt; Influence of the city's income levels on credit strengths.
- Guam Preparing to Sell $150M Of Speculative-Grade GO Bonds. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/18/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32736, p39
No abstract available.
- News In Brief: Lafayette, Calif., GOs Raised by S&P. // Bond Buyer;2/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31321, p2
Reports that rating agency Standard and Poor's Corp. has raised Lafayette, California's general obligation debt rating from AA-minus to AA. Benefits of rating upgrade for the city.
- City rating affirmed. // Crain's New York Business;7/5/93, Vol. 9 Issue 27, p39
Reports on Standard and Poor's Corp.'s (S&P) A-minus rating on New York City's general obligation debt. Negative outlook for bonding; Criticism on the city's reliance on non-recurring revenues to mantain budget balance; Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s affirmed Baa1 rating; Boost to Mayor David...
- Utah Transit Authority Raised to AAA by Standard & Poor's. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/3/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32415, p44
The article reports on the upgrade of Utah Transit Authority's ratings to AAA by Standard & Poor's Corp. The move follows a plan by the Salt Lake City County Council to place an $895 million general obligation bond proposal for the agency on its November 2006 ballot. The upgrade affects the...
- CALIFORNIA: San Leandro TIFs & COPs. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;4/13/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32607, p9
The article reports on the plan of San Leandro, California to form a new redevelopment project area and to issue tax increment financing bonds as early as summer 2007. The city has retained E. Wagner & Associates Inc. as its financial adviser. City finance director Jesse Balcoa remarked that the...