- Waterstone's reopens Back Bay store. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;1/22/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 4, p25
Reports that Waterstone's Booksellers reopened the first three floors of its flagship store in the Back Bay section of Boston, Massachusetts on December 14, 1995. Cooperation with landlord, manufacturers and booksellers; Donation to the Minehan Family Fund.
- Flagship London branch of Waterstone's to mark World AIDS Day with landmark quilt display. Lloyd, Peter // Pink Paper;11/11/2011, p27
The article focuses on the flagship branch of the bookstore Waterstone's in London, England which will serve as the first retailer to display the UK AIDS quilt in support of the World Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) Day 2011. The bookshop also plans to support human immunodeficiency...
- Waterstone's World AIDS Day quilt display starts today. Lloyd, Peter // Pink Paper;12/2/2011, p14
The article reports that a bookshop branch of Waterstone's Booksellers Ltd. in central-London, England will become the first retailer to display the UK AIDS quilt as part of its World AIDS Day support.
- Final chapter for bookstore flagship. Martin, Natalie // Estates Gazette;3/24/2007, Issue 712, p42
The article reports on the closure of a flagship store of bookseller chain Waterstone in London, England. It says that this move is part of Waterstone parent company HMV Group's attempt to cut Â£40 million from its annual costs. According to the article, HMV Group has announced that it would...
- Waterstone's and the Changing Bookselling Environment in the UK: the Journey so far and Prospects. Nwagbara, Uzoechi // Petroleum - Gas University of Ploiesti Bulletin, Technical Serie;2011, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p14
This study investigates the market environment of the United Kingdom high street bookselling business with emphasis on Waterstone's. In doing this, stress shall be placed on a brief exploration of the global outlook of book retailing venture as it relates to the United Kingdom. Another focus of...
- Waterstone's to hire pioneering chief from BSM. // Marketing (00253650);1/27/2000, p4
Reports on the appointment of Lesley Miles as marketing director of Waterstone's, the bookshop chain based in Great Britain.
- Waterstone's sets up kids' book bank. Quilter, James // Promotions & Incentives;Jul/Aug2008, p5
The article reports on the "Big Book Bank," a nationwide promotion of Waterstone's Booksellers Ltd. which will be launched on September 2008 that aims on encouraging children to share books in Europe. It is inferred that activity is a part of the company's support for the National Year of...
- Spirited Business: Styles of Bookselling in Piccadilly. Robertson, Guy // Feliciter;2007, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p295
The article features the Hatchards and Waterstone's bookstores in London, England. Both bookstores were located in Piccadilly, wherein Hatchards is known as the London's oldest bookshop, while Waterstone's is known as the biggest bookstore in Europe. It was noted that Hatchards is renowned not...
- Waterstone's Opens Giant Store; Borders Responds. Richardson, Jean // Publishers Weekly;9/27/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 39, p16
Announces the launching of Waterstone company's Piccadilly bookstore in Europe. Location; Store features; Competitor; Remarks from founder Tim Waterstone.