Top Hyperion Executives Get Promoted, But Layoffs Loom
- Hyperion Upgrades Online Club. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/3/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the launch by Hyperion of the Web site Hyperion Select Online Book Club on January 10, 2005. Privilege of club members to receive advanced book copies; Promotion of the club in the book "PS, I Love You," by Cecelia Ahern; Online promotion of the club.
- ESPN Books Expands; Wenner Books Debuts. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;5/17/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 20, p15
Discusses the plan of cable sports television network ESPN to expands ESPN Books, a book publishing with its sister company Hyperion Books. Estimated number of books the publishing company plan to publish every year; Overview of the views of ESPN executive vice president John Skipper regarding...
- Corporate Shuffle. Deahl, Rachel // Publishers Weekly;7/7/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 27, p4
The article reveals that the U.S. publishing industry has undergone a reality television-like change as seen at its major houses in 2008. Among these changes include the resignation or dismissal of top executives, with HarperCollins and Hyperion losing their chief executive officers (CEO).
- WILL SCHWALBE. // Out;Dec2007/Jan2008, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p96
The article features Will Schwalbe, the senior vice president and editor in chief of book publisher Hyperion. He went on to cowrote the well-reviewed and highly entertaining "Send: The Essential Email Guide for Office and Home" with David Shipley, deputy editorial page editor and op-ed page...
- Miramax books VP, publishing. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;2/9/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 30, p10
Reports on the appointment of Jon Yaged as vice president of business and legal affairs at Miramax Books in 2004. Profile on Yaged; Career highlights.
- Untitled. O'Brien, Maureen // Publishers Weekly;3/14/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 11, p13
Reports on the book rights acquisitions made by Hyperion Books. Actor Burt Reynolds' autobiography; Signing of controversial stand-up comic and sitcom star Martin Lawrence; Release of an original hardcover novel expanding the screenplay `The Piano.'
- Hyperion to launch mass market program. Feldman, Gayle // Publishers Weekly;12/5/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 49, p18
Reports on Hyperion's plan to launch a mass market program. Books scheduled for release; Publication of books vertically on a selective basis; Distribution of hardcovers and trade paperbacks through Time-Warner's Little, Brown sales team.
- Peter Pan Prequel Hype Hits Hyperion. // Book Publishing Report;6/28/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p5
Reports on the promotion of the children's books published by Hyperion in the U.S. Facilitation of a multi-market book tour by writers Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson; Launch of a national advertising campaigns; Book titles.
- Miramax books prexy-CEO. Mohr, Ian // Daily Variety;4/6/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 3, p4
Reports on Rob Weisbach's appointment as president and chief executive officer of Miramax Books. Previous position at Simon and Schuster; Strengthening of the relationship between the Walt Disney Co. and Harvey Weinstein's firm, Weinstein Co.; Weisbach's job responsibilities; Career highlights.