Free Press Publisher Bill Shinker Hands Charge To Hyperion's Levin
- Free Press debuts paperback imprint. Oder, Norman // Publishers Weekly;12/18/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 51, p22
Reports on Simon & Schuster's (S&S) plan to introduce a Free Press trade paperback imprint and to reprint Free Press hardcovers more aggressively. `The Bell Curve' as the first book under the imprint; Comments of S&S vice president Mark Gompertz on the plans; Number of titles to be published in...
- Jacobs named publisher of Free Press. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/26/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 26, p18
Reports on the appointment of Michael Jacobs as head of Simon & Schuster's Free Press unit. Organizational changes at the unit; Marketing strategies.
- GOOD WISHES FOR WALLACE. // Publishers Weekly;9/3/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 36, p10
Reports the retirement party given by Simon & Schuster Inc. to Bob Wallace for years of service at Free Press in the U.S. Prominence of Wallace being the first editor to publish business books for the trade market; Awards won by Wallace; Recognition given by Simon & Schuster President Carolyn...
- S&S signs Shinker to head Free Press nonfiction shop. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;07/20/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 32, p4
Announces that William M. Shinker, former publisher of Broadway Books and HarperCollins, will head Simon & Schuster's the Free Press.
- Levin In, Shinker Out at Free Press; Three Rise at Hyperion. // Publishers Weekly;4/9/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 15, p10
Reports that Martha Levin has taken over as vice president and publisher of Simon & Schuster's Free Press, replacing Bill Shinker. Reason for the resignation of Shinker; Responsibilities of Levin; Contributions of Shinker to the company.
- Simon & Schuster Adds Three Imprints. Milliot, Jim; Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;10/7/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 40, p15
Reports on the imprints launched by Simon & Schuster in 2002. Plans for Free Press imprint in Great Britain; Appointment of Andrew Gordon at Free Press; Preparation for the launch of the Downtown imprint.
- Free Press Shifts Business Book Strategy. // Book Publishing Report;4/5/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p1
After ending relationships with two key publishing partners, The Company Free Press imprint of Simon & Schuster Inc. is shifting its business book strategy. Dow Jones & Co. and Simon & Schuster Inc. did not renew their three-year contract to co-develop Wall Street Journal Books. That deal...
- More titles going straight to paperback. Flamm, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;4/23/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p2
The article reports that Simon & Schuster Inc., proprietor of the newspaper "Free Press," decided to publish the book "God's Middle Finger," by Richard Grant as a paperback edition. Free Press publisher Martha Levin said the author of the book is not that well-known. It is stated that...
- Downsized, Not Dead. Deahl, Rachel // Publishers Weekly;10/29/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 44, p6
The article focuses on the folding of imprint Free Press (FP) into the Simon & Schuster Publishing Group (S&S) as a result of restructuring at S&S. It states that FP's two highest ranking executives, editorial director Dominick Anfuso and publisher Martha K. Levin, have been let go as a result...