Acute urethral syndrome
- Pyeloureteritis cystica. Al-Qahtani, Sultan; Hodge, Jacqueline C. // Canadian Association of Radiologists Journal;Dec99, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p416
Presents findings of a case study on pyeloureteritis cystica. Causes of pyeloureteritis cystica; Symptoms; Characteristics.
- littritis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1355
A definition of the term "littritis," which refers to urethral glands inflammation, is presented.
- Urethral discharge. Dal Moro, Fabrizio // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;7/9/2013, Vol. 185 Issue 10, p899
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "A 34-year-old man with urethral discharge," by G.W. Rebick and colleagues in a 2013 issue.
- Expanding the Spectrum of Pathogens in Urethritis: Implications for Presumptive Therapy? Manhart, Lisa E.; Golden, Matthew R.; Marrazzo, Jeanne M. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;10/1/2007, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p872
The article presents the authors' comment on the article "The role of Mycoplasma genitalium and Ureaplasma urealyticum biovar 2 in postgonococcal urethritis," by S. Yokoi and colleagues, published in this journal. The authors discuss the clinical implications of the findings related to the role...
- Mycoplasma genitalium is associated with symptomatic urethritis. Leung, A.; Eastick, K.; Haddon, L. E.; Horn, C. K.; Ahuja, D.; Horner, P. J. // International Journal of STD & AIDS;May2006, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p285
In order to further investigate the epidemiology of Mycoplasma genitalium, 680 men attending departments of genitourinary medicine in Bristol, Bath and Truro were studied. M. genitalium was detected in 36 men (5.3%) and was present at all three clinics. Clinically, both urethritis and the...
- An audit of the 'two-glass' test for urethritis. Dinsmore, W W; McBride, M; Alderdice, D K // International Journal of STD & AIDS;Sep2000, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p607
Five hundred consecutive male patients with suspected urethritis were studied using the two-glass test for posterior urethritis. During the study period no cases of urethritis would have been missed using one glass only and clinical policy was changed following this audit. The two-glass test is...
- Reiter's disease in a six-year-old girl. Arora, Sandeep; Arora, Guihima // Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p285
Reiter's syndrome has characteristically been described in young males and presents with a triad of urethritis, conjunctivitis and arthritis. Reiter's syndrome has been known to affect children, although they usually do not manifest with the typical triad. Only a few such cases have been...
- nonspecific urethritis. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p549
An encyclopedia entry for "nonspecific urethritis," the former term for nongonococcal urethtritis, is presented.
- Screening asymptomatic men for non-specific urethritis. Ross, J. C. D. // Sexually Transmitted Infections;Apr2007, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p79
The article focuses on whether or not men without symptoms should be screened for non-specific urethritis. Virtually all clinicians working in sexually transmitted infection clinics are faced with the question every day. The practice was abandoned in many countries years ago but still in...