New Drugs for Epidural Analgesia
- Paediatric Regional Anaesthesia for Surgical Procedures: A Guide to Drug Choice. Ivani, G.; de Negri, P.; Conio, A. // CNS Drugs;1999, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p357
Paediatric regional anaesthesia plays an important role in stress reduction and perioperative pain control. Aminoamide local anaesthetics such as mepivacaine, bupivacaine and, more recently, ropivacaine are widely used. Because of the differences in anatomy and physiology between children and...
- Nucleolin Participates in DNA Double-Strand Break-Induced Damage Response through MDC1-Dependent Pathway. Kobayashi, Junya; Fujimoto, Hiroko; Sato, Jun; Hayashi, Ikue; Burma, Sandeep; Matsuura, Shinya; Chen, David J.; Komatsu, Kenshi // PLoS ONE;Nov2012, Vol. 7 Issue 11, Special section p1
H2AX is an important factor for chromatin remodeling to facilitate accumulation of DNA damage-related proteins at DNA double-strand break (DSB) sites. In order to further understand the role of H2AX in the DNA damage response (DDR), we attempted to identify H2AX-interacting proteins by...
- Dexmedetomidina epidural em gatas submetidas Ã ovariosalpingohisterectomia sob anestesia total intravenosa com propofol e prÃ©-medicadas com cetamina S(+) e midazolam. Dorigon, Otávia; Oleskovicz, Nilson; de Moraes, Aury Nunes; Dallabrida, Ademar Luiz; Flôres, Fabíola Niederauer; Soares, André Vasconcelos; Mores, Thiago José // CiÃªncia Rural;may2009, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p791
The objective of this study was to evaluate the effect of the epidural administration of dexmedetomidine in cats submitted to ovariohisterectomy, under continuous infusion of propofol. The cats received S(+) ketamine (5mg kg-1) and midazolan (0.5mg kg-1) as premedication by intramuscular...
- Ketamine abuse. // Reactions Weekly;11/27/2010, Issue 1329, p24
The article describes the case of a female neonate who developed hypotonia and cerebral dysfunction following utero exposure to ketamine.
- Ketamine as an adjunct to caudal block in neonates and infants: is it time to re-evaluate? Lönnqvist, P.-A.; Walker, S. M. // BJA: The British Journal of Anaesthesia;Aug2012, Vol. 109 Issue 2, p138
No abstract available.
- Dexmedetomidine and clonidine in epidural anaesthesia: A comparative evaluation. Singh Bajwa, Sukhminder Jit; Bajwa, Sukhwinder Kaur; Kaur, Jasbir; Singh, Gurpreet; Arora, Vikramjit; Gupta, Sachin; Kulshrestha, Ashish; Singh, Amarjit; Parmar, S. S.; Singh, Anita; Goraya, S. P. S. // Indian Journal of Anaesthesia;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p116
Efforts to find a better adjuvant in regional anaesthesia are underway since long. Aims and objectives are to compare the efficacy and clinical profile of two Î±-2 adrenergic agonists, dexmedetomidine and clonidine, in epidural anaesthesia with special emphasis on their sedative properties and...
- The Use of Ketamine Sedation. Heckman, James D. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Jul2000, Vol. 82-A Issue 7, p911
Editorial. Comments on the use of ketamine sedation during bone and joint surgery. Safety issues concerning the administration of analgesia to patients; Complications from the administration of ketamine sedatives to patients; Theoretical significance to bone and joint surgery.
- Evaluation of Ketamine Abuse Hair Analysis: Concentration Trends in a Singapore Population. Leong, H. S.; Tan, N. L.; Lee, T. K. // Journal of Analytical Toxicology;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p314
Presents a method for the detection of ketamine in hair in Singapore. Extraction of the hair samples; Method used in analyzing the extracts; Correlation between the amount of ketamine and the frequency of abuse.
- The neurocognitive effects of 5 day anesthetic ketamine for the treatment of refractory complex regional pain syndrome. Koffler, Sandra P.; Hampstead, Benjamin M.; Irani, Farzin; Tinker, Jennifer; Kiefer, Ralph-Thomas; Rohr, Peter; Schwartzman, Robert J. // Archives of Clinical Neuropsychology;Aug2007, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p719
Abstract: Background: Complex regional pain syndrome I (CRPS) is characterized by severe neuropathic pain that exceeds the severity of an injury and is refractory to traditional treatments. Recent experimental interventions include ketamine infusion therapy. Objective: We sought to evaluate the...