- Bloomsbury Profits Up; Banking On Potter With Scholastic. // Book Publishing Report;4/4/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the financial performance of Bloomsbury Publishing PLC in 2004. Increase in profits; Total revenue; Number of pre-orders for the book "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;05/08/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p7
Reports on book publishing developments worldwide for the week of March 8, 2000. Postponement of the initial public offering of Bol.com; Agreement of Philippa Dickinson to become chairman of Random House Children's Publishing; Percentage increase of revenues at Bloomsbury; Forecast of...
- Booksellers Edgy About Harper Direct-Sale Program. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;11/17/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 46, p6
The article discusses a direct-to-consumer Internet sale program by publisher HarperCollins Publishers (HC) Ltd. Topics include concern from independent booksellers that the program would result in a loss of sales, the closing of book retailer Borders Group Inc. and Barnes & Noble Inc....
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;7/16/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 29, p3
The article presents book industry news briefs for July 2012 on topics including the purchase of religious book publisher Thomas Nelson by the publisher HarperCollins, the 2013 BookExpo America trade show, and the appointment of Lisa Holton as president of the nonprofit Classroom Inc.
- SMP to distribute U.S. list of U.K.'s Bloomsbury. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;5/4/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 18, p18
Reports that the London-based publisher, Bloomsbury, is launching a ten-title list of books in the United States in the fall of 1998. Agreement with St. Martin's Press to handle sales; US operations to be run by Alan Wherry, founding director of Bloomsbury.
- Is Selling Direct Worth It? Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;7/14/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 28, p5
The article focuses on the benefits and downfalls of direct selling in the book industry in 2014. Topics include publishing company HarperCollins' decision to expand direct sales through its updated website, publisher Hachette Book Group's direct sales model, and why booksellers continue to...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;9/8/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 36, p4
This section offers news briefs on the publishing industry. The Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group has acquired the assets of the supplementary publisher Sundance/ Newbridge from Haights Cross. Sales in Bloomsbury's U.S. division rose 10 percent in the first half of 2008. Author Stephenie...
- Deal Making Brisk in 2014. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/12/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 2, p4
The article discusses how mergers and acquisitions within the publishing industry increased during 2014 and presents a chart of the year's mergers. Topics include how, in an effort to publish more nonfiction, Hachette Book Group attempted to acquire Perseus Books Group but instead purchased...
- Social Sciences & Humanities. // EventDV;May2012, Vol. 2012 Issue 5, p12
The article offers U.S. news briefs as of May/June 2012 on various topics including Retrospective Index to Music Periodicals, expansion of Accessible Archives Inc. and partnership between Bloomsbury Publishing PLC and Publishers Communication Group.