In the Loop
- Two shows for the price of two. Weiler, Derek // Quill & Quire;Dec2008, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p5
The article presents author's comments on the proposals made by Reed Exhibitions Cos. to exhibitors. He says that Reed's proposal to provide exhibitors with standard, prefabricated booths, will allow publishers to save money by no longer having to come up with their own booth equipment. He says...
- The sale of the century (so far). Anderson, Scott // Quill & Quire;Jun2000, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p12
Comments on the reaction of publishers about the plans of Reed Exhibition Cos. for buying the convention and trade show of Canadian Booksellers Association (CBA) in Canada. Problem on the performance of CBA; Decline in the attendance of booksellers in the event; Plans of Reed to add...
- BookExpo Canada attendance drops. Rowe, Dan // Quill & Quire;Oct2005, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p15
This article reports that attendance at this year's BookExpo Canada dropped almost 10% compared with 2004. According to audited numbers released by Reed Exhibition Cos., 4,523 people attended the 2005 show in June, 476 fewer than the previous year. Attendance numbers were down across almost all...
- Canadians Debate a BEC Successor. Williams, Leigh Anne // Publishers Weekly;2/9/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 6, p4
This article reports on the debate between Canadian publishers and booksellers over a possible replacement to the annual convention and trade show BookExpo Canada (BEC), which Reed Exhibitions decided to shut down. The Canadian Booksellers Association thinks that a show of some kind must go on....
- The Latin touch. Taylor, Sally // Publishers Weekly;08/25/97 Supplement, Vol. 244 Issue 35, pS4
Considers publishing trends in Argentina, Brazil, Columbia and Mexico as of 1997. Argentina's position as the first real publishing center of South America and its apparent return from decades of economic turmoil; Details of the book market in Brazil; Depression of Colombian publishing...
- In the Works. Crawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;Oct2002, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p12
Informs on upcoming book titles in Canada and elsewhere. 'Till You Drop,' by Jessica Johnson; 'The House Is Also a Home: An Engaging Look at Curling in Canada,' by Doug Clark; Japanese rights to David Kuhl's 'What Dying People Want'; 'The Fabulous Girl's Guide to Decorum,' by Kim Izzo and Ceri...
- What a Shelf Life! // Scholastic Scope;2/16/2009, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p5
The article offers information on the top 150 best-selling books released by the publication "USA Today" in the U.S.
- `With a little help from my friends': Training and education of professional booksellers and... Grunhagen, Hein H. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Fall93, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p52
Describes the training centers of booksellers and publishers in the Netherlands. Development of curriculum; Job profiles.
- Bookbytes. Quinn, Judy // Publishers Weekly;1/12/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p17
Reports on several book deals. Hyperion executive Will Schwalbe's book advance to female sea captain Linda Greenlaw; Writer James W. Hall's rumored three-book deal; Broadway's two-book deal with Frances Mayes; Others.