- A Mix That Includes Fewer Books. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/25/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 17, p6
The article reports on the lower sales for printed books posted by U.S. bookstore chains Books-A-Million (BAM) and Hastings Entertainment due to the less space being devoted by book retailers for books. For the fiscal year ended January 29, 2011, BAM's book sales fell by six percent to 385...
- Book Sales Plunge at Books-A-Million. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/20/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the decline of book sales of Books-A-Million in the nine-week period that ended January 4, 2003. Attributions to the decline; Categories that did well over the nine weeks; Performance of the book group between January and November 2002.
- Hastings: Book Comps Up, but Earnings Off. // Publishers Weekly;11/25/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 47, p9
Reports on the earnings of Hastings Entertainment in the third quarter of 2002 ended October 31. Increase in comparable-store sales of books; Total revenue; Increase in the company's net loss.
- Comp Sales Jump at Hastings. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/16/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 37, p17
Reports on the comparable-store book sales at Hastings Entertainment in the second quarter that ended July 31, 2002. Factors that contributed to sales results; Revenues and income of the company; Description of the company's store format.
- BAM: Another weak quarter. // Publishers Weekly;8/31/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 35, p14
Notes that Books-A-Million had disappointing results for the quarter ending August 1, 1998. Lower than expected sales; Sales in the six-month period.
- ALABAMA. Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;1/1/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 1, p17
The article offers a look at the state of the bookselling industry in Alabama. Homegrown chain Books-A-Million (BAM), headquartered in Birmingham, has grown from a regional operation into the third-largest chain in the country. While BAM's elevation may be symbolic of the ubiquity of mass market...
- BAM! Gets Settled In New England. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;8/27/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 35, p14
This article discusses book retailer Books-a-Million's (BAM!) presence in the U.S. following their purchase of the leases for 14 Borders stores from the U.S. bankruptcy court. Topics include concerns over the Alabama-based chain's focus on Christian literature being successful in New England,...
- Results Up at Hastings. // Publishers Weekly;10/5/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 40, p17
Reports on financial results at Hastings Entertainment for the second quarter of 1998. Rise in sales; Increase in net income; Opening of new superstores; First half sales results.
- At Hastings, Q1 Is A Downer. Christman, Ed // Billboard;6/4/2005, Vol. 117 Issue 23, p17
Reports on the profits posted by Texas-based music and video store chain Hastings Entertainment for its fiscal first quarter ending April 30, 2005. Comparison to its profits during the same period in 2004; Sales performance of the books, music and videos offered by the chain; Factors that...