Former Independents Bring The Best Of Their World To Big Publishing
- Penguin Putnam Hires Small Press Principals. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;3/20/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 12, p12
Reports the hiring of Frederick Ramey and Greg Michalson, formerly publisher and general fiction editor, respectively, of Denver's MacMurray & Beck, at Penguin Putnam. Career background of both executives; Reason cited by Phyllis Grann, president of Penguin Putnam; Information on the imprint...
- Penguin Putnam Hires Independent Press Duo To Form Literary Imprint. // Book Publishing Report;03/20/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p5
Reports on Penguin Putnam's hiring of Frederick Ramey and Greg Michalson.
- Penguin Revamps Shakespeare Series. // Publishers Weekly;10/18/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 42, p19
Discusses the move of Penguin Putnam publishing company to update its Pelican Shakespeare book series. Reason of the company for updating the series; Scholars and editors who prepared the publication of the book series.
- Shinker Sets Out On His Own--With New Imprint At Penguin Putnam. Putman, Penguin // Book Publishing Report;05/28/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p5
Reports on former Simon & Schuster executive William Shinker's agreement to start an imprint at Penguin Putnam Inc. Publishing focus of the imprint; Shrinker's career in the publishing industry.
- What Becomes A Bestseller Most? The BPR Roundup of Fiction Sales in 2001. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;1/7/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p1
Reports developments related to the publishing industry in the U.S. as of January 2002. Transfer of author Phyllis Grant to Random House; Number of bestselling titles released by Penguin Putnam Inc,; Popularity of the book 'The Bonesetter's Daughter,' by Amy Tan.
- Penguin Putnam names new management team. J.M. // Publishers Weekly;4/7/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 14, p12
Describes the senior management team of Penguin Putnam Inc. which was installed on April 1, 1997. Putnam employees securing three of the four top spots; Retirement of Marvin Brown, president of Penguin USA; How Brown's duties have been divided up between Susan Petersen and Elaine Koster;...
- Penguin Putnam posts modest gains in transition year. // Publishers Weekly;3/15/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 11, p11
Analyzes the financial performance of publisher and bookseller Penguin Putnam in 1998. Rise in worldwide sales; Decline in operating profits; Reasons for the decline in profits; Sales by categories; Publishing plans in 1999; Market prospects for 1999.
- Penguin Putnam in book deal with DreamWorks. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/15/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 51, p10
Describes Penguin Putnam's licensing agreement with DreamWorks Pictures for the publishing rights to its first five animated feature films. Details of the options included; Fact that this deal broadens their already existing agreement; Mention of Jon Anderson as their liaison and coordinator of...
- Two M&B Executives Leave. Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;2/28/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 9, p19
Reports the resignation of publisher Frederick Ramey and general fiction editor Greg Michalson from MacMurray & Beck. Reorganization of the management team; Success of the book `Hummingbird House.'