Random House Gets Into Computer Game Strategy Guide Publishing
- Random House to Acquire Prima Communications. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/2/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 14, p11
Reports that Random House will acquire Prima Communications of Sacramento, California. Background information on Prima; Executive who will become chairman emeritus of Prima; Terms of the deal.
- Random Cuts 60 Prima Jobs. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/11/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 24, p25
Reports on the plan of Random House to eliminate Prima's jobs in 2001. Number of jobs to be eliminated; Reason behind the plan; Business groups at Prima that will remain intact.
- Bertelsmann more American than German after Random House acquisition. // Book Publishing Report;09/27/99, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the acquisition of publishing company Random House by Bertelsmann AG. Financial performance of Bertelsmann in fiscal 1999; Total revenues from the company's United States operations; Plan to digitize Random House's entire backlist; Contemplation of more acquisitions.
- Random House buys. // Crain's New York Business;02/03/97, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p42
Reports that Random House Incorporated will acquire the fiction division of Reed Books. Listing of authors which Random House will get as a results of the acquisition; Annual sales of the fiction division.
- Consumer group asks FTC to scrutinize RH sale. // Publishers Weekly;5/18/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 20, p20
Discusses the pending merger between Bertelsmann's BDD and Random House. Request of retired Senator Howard Metzenbaum in his capacity as chairman of the Consumer Federation of America that the Federal Trade Commission investigate the merger; Reasons for an investigation; Statement of...
- Radom and Ballantine in Next Phase of Merger. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;4/21/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 16, p9
Deals with the status of the merger of Random House and Ballantine in April 2003. Information on employees and executives who were laid off due to the merger; Reductions on the editorial side of Ballantine; Executives who would be appointed to new positions.
- Sudamericana Now Random's. // Publishers Weekly;3/19/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the acquisition of the remaining 40 percent equity of publishing company Sudanamerica by the company Random House.
- Random Buys Books on Tape. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/22/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 43, p12
Provides information on the acquisition of Books on Tape, a publisher of unabridged audiobooks, by Random House in October 2001. Terms of the deal; Plan of Random for its acquired company; Background on the companies.
- Seven days in print. // PrintWeek;11/2/2012, p6
This section offers news briefs on the printing industry. Grants are available from the Engineering & Physical Sciences Research Council, Arts and Humanities Research Council and Economic and Social Research Council for the development of additive manufacturing or three-dimensional printing....